Monday, June 15, 2009

He licks it

We are restocked and I kind of went heavy on the fruit and veggies.  Actually I always buy a ton of fruit and veggies. Today I bought fresh blueberries and cauliflower, both if which I have not had in a while.  I was shocked to see that Stop & Shop is now carrying more gluten free products.  The donuts that D LOVES – in all 3 flavors are now in the freezer section where they sell a lot of the organic stuff.  AND I found gluten free english muffins in the same freezer too.  I have yet to try a GF english muffin because the one brand that I found had a not so great nutrition label.  There was like 10 grams of fat in one EM.  These only have 3.5 – much better. 

Before we headed out I ate a Nature’s Promise Bar so that I would not get ravenous while I was at the store. It did the trick and I was not hungry until we got home, which by then, it was lunch time.

 

DSC02167

For lunch I combined quinoa with red pepper, zucchini, raw broccoli and grape tomatoes. I made a dressing with 1/2 a tablespoon of tahini, fresh lemon juice, salt and 1 tsp warm water.  I drizzled the dressing over the top and mixed to combine.  I added a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese to the salad for some more protein. Next time I think that I will add some beans or chic peas instead of the cottage cheese. 

It was delicious. I love quinoa – why don’t I eat it more often? 

 

DSC02170

 

I ended lunch with an apple and PB.

 

DSC02172

 

My little sweetie pie had PB too.  I made him a piece of toast and spread a THICK layer of PB on it and then drizzled on some honey.  You can see that the honey was oozing off the bread.

 

 

honey

 

He proceeded to lick it.  Hey at least I got him to eat the PB – that is a big step. 

 

 

lick

I hope you are having a good day.  See you later.

4 comments:

Erica said...

I love getting back from food shopping and having a full stash! Looks like you and D both had a fabulous lunchy! Enjoy the rest of your day.

polly said...

i love you, long distance bff!! And her cute peanut butter licker off the bread kiddo. :)


I am so happy and get tears in my eyes when I read your Psalms today. You are a precious girl, my friend. Thank you too, for all your sweet words of encouragement to me.


I am glad we have the same boyfriend. ;) hehehe

XOXO

K from ksgoodeats said...

Glad to hear you guys found some new GF goodies at the store!

Does D not like PB? I didn't realize that! He's such a cutie pie!

Sammie said...

K,
He just started to eat PB. He was never a fan of it. He likes to eat it off a spoon - on bread - not so much.