Tuesday, June 9, 2009

He is always in Character

Maybe someday D will be an actor. He is always pretending to be someone whether it be a person or an animal.  Who did I have keeping me company today? Seriously, he wore this out ALL day – even to the shoe store to buy him some new sneakers. The salesladies got a kick out of him.  When he was getting ready to put his PJs on tonight he asked if he could wear the robe instead.  I had to draw the line that thing is probably full of so many germs.

 

hman 

So our day went well. D & R had a grand old time playing this afternoon. R even got into character - he was Ron and I was Hermione.  After my sis got back we took the boys to the shoe store so that I could buy D a new pair.  His sneakers had barely any tread left on the bottom. I realized just how worn out they were on Sunday when he had no traction on the rocks – oops, thankfully we held hands with him.  Of course he had to have the same pair as his best buddy even if they were a size to big. He shed some tears and I caved and bought the big ones – whatever, his feet will grow.

Okay onto the eats. 

This morning before heading out I tried another flavor Weil Bar – Pistachi-Oh!

 

DSC02025 DSC02026 DSC02027

 

It was very flavorful – I love the combination of the coconut and lemon.  The spices reminded me of pumpkin pie – very fallish.  It was the same texture as the other 2 I have tried – similar to a Larabar.  This bar was full of chunky goodies.

 

DSC02028 DSC02029

 

I packed a lunch to take with me.  I combined the leftover veggies from last night with lettuce, cottage cheese and a sauce made from PB2 – told you I was going to repeat the delicious concoction.

 

DSC02019

 

I also had a Nature’s Promise Bar after I ate my salad.  I meant to pack a piece of fruit just in case I was still in need of a little something else but I forgot in my mad dash to get out of the house on time. So I just ate what I had and waited to see how my tummy reacted.  Well about an hour and a half  later my stomach was growling.  I stole a granny smith apple (not my favorite but it was all she had) from my sis.  Since GS apples are a bit bitter, I chopped it up, added some cinnamon and nuked it till the apple pieces were soft.  It was actually pretty tasty.  Around 2:45 I made a cup of tea with a drop of honey and a splash of milk – so not the usual way I enjoy tea but my tummy needed it.

 

DSC02022

When D and I got home I needed to have a little something to tide me over till dinner.  I had a small bowl of plain Greek yogurt spiked with cinnamon and a rice cake topped with sunflower seed butter and jelly.

 

DSC02034

For dinner I had 2 Wellshire Chicken Apple sausages inside a gluten free hotdog bun, a sweet potato with some dippers on the side – organic ketchup & mustard.  The mustard was for the sausages too. Odd combo but oh so yummy.

 

DSC02037  

I also had a bowl of raw veggies (broccoli, jicama & grape tomatoes) drizzled with Maple Grove Farms Strawberry Balsamic dressing.

 

DSC02035

Dessert was the same as last night – 365 brand Dark Chocolate.  Simple yet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.

 

DSC02040

I am off to call my mom before it gets too late. I need to get in bed kind of early. It is another busy day tomorrow – I have to babysit the little monkeys at the gym in the morning. 

I hope you have a great evening.  See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

K from ksgoodeats said...

Aw!! D is too cute! Glad he got some new kicks (even if they don't fit yet ;) ). PB2 in cottage cheese - I need to try that, asap!

Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) said...

I am cracking up at your little Harry Potter.

*Erica* said...

Kids are so creative, aren't they?! Gootta love the fact that they don't care to play dress up all over town...they don't care what people think or anything. LOVE it!

GOT to get me some PB2!!!