Wednesday, June 3, 2009

He Drank his Greens

This is probably the first time that I got my child to put anything green into his body.  I will not count on him doing this daily but at least he gave it a shot.

 

resize2

When I asked him if it got the thumbs up he kind of gave me a lame reaction – I swear he did say that it tasted good.

His mean green drink was super simple (we used the trusty Vita-Mix) – Vanilla Rice Milk, honey and a teeny handful of spinach. He did drink most of it. 

 

resize1

This afternoon I tried to go to a service  center that Polar had listed on their site.  Well when I got there it was just a warehouse. The 2 people working gave me and D funny looks as we walked up to the open door.  It was obvious that Polar was wrong.  They suggested that I call the customer service number.  When I got back to my truck I did just that and the kind lady on the phone suggested that I put the strap into the washing machine with my next load of laundry. I guess that salt can build up on the strap from sweating (which I tend sweat big time – gross, sorry, but all too true).  After that adventure I had to drop off some samples at the doctor – don’t ask – you don’t want to know.  All I will say is that I am glad to have that job off my hands.  They want to do more testing for my little man’s tummy troubles.  We actually are going to see a Gastroenterologist in a few weeks.  I am hoping that he will have some answers because D’s Pediatrician does not. 

When I got home I needed a snack so I drank my oats for a change.  Into the Vita-Mix went 1 cup plain unsweetened Almond milk, 1 tbsp Chocolate Rice Protein powder, 1/4 cup oatmeal (uncooked), 1/4 cup frozen Blueberries, stevia and ice.  You bet it was yummers!!!  That Vita-Mix sure got it’s workout today.  The stevia really makes the rice protein taste better. It is no Jay Robb but it will have to do for now.  I do have 1 chocolate packet left but I am trying to use up the old powder so that I can buy some of the Hunks fabulousness

 

DSC01806

I also had a plum.

 

DSC01807

Dinner was a gluten free tortilla filled with spinach, melted swiss and raw green pepper.

 

DSC01812

I had the other half of the acorn squash that I cooked last night filled with a plain Greek yogurt and sprinkled with cinnamon. I also ate some tortilla chips with a bit of melted cheese – I am a cheese freak what can I say.  I made Charlie chicken nachos for dinner and the crispy cheesy goodness was calling me – but not the chicken.  Meat has really not been appealing to me.  I had that chicken from Whole Foods last week and it really did not sit well.  I am wondering if meat is hard on my digestive system.  Anyway, dinner was delicious.

 

DSC01810

And I did have room for this – 365 Brand Dark Chocolate - soy and dairy free = happy belly and clear skin.

 

DSC01813

I think tonight I will call my Mommy – man do I miss her.  The last time I saw her was in January and it was for like 1 hour.  She was here for an emergency visit for my stepbrother. I am really not even sure the when the next time I will get to see her.  I really could use a big squeeze from her.  Or even just to be able to see her smiling face.  I never thought that I would live this far away from my mom.  You might wonder why I don’t mention my dad at all on the blog (I think I did once).  He is a very selfish man and has really nothing to do with me or my sister.  I have tried to have a relationship with him but it just never works.  He talks the talk but will not walk the walk if you know what I mean.  Now that I am a parent, I can totally see right through him.  I am going to a wedding on Saturday and I am almost positive that he will be there. I am feeling a little anxious about being in that situation. I am going without my guys (no kiddies allowed) so Charlie is hanging at home with the D man.  My sis will be there so we can help each other through the awkwardness. 

I hope you had a lovely Wednesday.  I need to go get my little guy into his jammies and off to dreamland.  See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

K from ksgoodeats said...

Woohoo for getting D to drink the GM!! He's too adorable for words!

Hope the Polar situation works out and you hear good news from the doc :)

carolinebee said...

Maybe you can tell D that Luke Skywalker has a drink drink every morning or something :D Good luck with the wedding- I'm sure talking with your momz will cheer you up a lot! Have a great night Sammie.

polly said...

Sammie,
I will be thinking (and praying) for you on Saturday. Hugs. Call me sometime soon and I'll give hugs over the phone and we can chat green smoothies. :)

Abbers drank one tonight too... the secret for her and D to love them? The banana for sweetness. I am totally going to try the oats in my smoothie sometime!! Brilliant idea my sweet friend! XOXO

Tanya said...

Lol - that thumbs up does look a little ... meh.

MizFit said...

mine only drinks the shake when I scream errrrr remind her :) how she loves greengreen shrek.
when that movie is "over" for her there's zero hope.