Monday, June 15, 2009

Grocery Store a Must

Yes, I must go grocery shopping today – Mother Hubbard’s cupboard (fridge) is BARE. Thankfully Charlie was able to scrape together a lunch – at least his sandwich is on homemade bread. 

Last night I found a new show for myself to watch.  Now that Desperate Housewives is over for the season, I have not gotten into another show.  Well Food Network just started a new season of The Next Food Network Star and I am hooked. I have watched the past 2 seasons and really loved them.  So far the contestants are all very amusing to watch – looks like this season is going to be just a great. 

This morning I was up and on the pavement early.  I did a 7.25 mile run then came inside for some ab work, 50 push-ups (some were performed on my knees) and LOTS of stretching. 

After cleaning off the filth and grime, I made some oatmeal.  This oatmeal may look like my ordinary bowl but it is not.  Last night I mixed 1/2 a cup oats, a scoop of Pea Protein and 2 cups of water. I let it sit in the fridge overnight and then this morning I cooked the oatmeal on the stove.  The oats absorbed ALL the water which made this batch was SUPER creamy.

 

DSC02164

I did add 1/3 of the banana and cinnamon to the oats during the cooking process.  After pouring the deliciousness into my bowl, I added the rest of the banana and PB2.

 

DSC02166

I really have never talked about my religious beliefs on my blog probably because it is something that I struggle with.  I have a hard time with trust, never mind someone that I can’t see.  Well I am really working on my faith – thank you my long distance BFF – I couldn’t do it without you. I have joined Polly in reading Psalms during the month of June.  Today I read something that I really need to keep in my mind and my heart. It will remind me that I am never alone and that I should not worry so much. I want to share it with you just in case you too need some help in your path to the Lord.

I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.

You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasure of living with you forever.

Psalms 16:8 + 11

I hope you have a wonderful start to your week.  Happy Monday friends.

3 comments:

K from ksgoodeats said...

I hope you have fun grocery shopping! I love restocking the pantry :)

mommyruns said...

What a beautiful way to start a Monday with a beautiful Psalm. So, I have a question for you: Do you always feel great while you run? I run every day, and sometimes my runs don't feel all that great, even though I feel awesome afterwards.

Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) said...

Sammie, I love that you are sharing your faith with us! I too am working every day to build mine as well, and Polly has been very inspirational to me!

I hope you have a lovely day with your loves.