Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Green in the AM

You all know that I quite enjoy a dose of vegetables in the AM – pumpkin being the usual choice.  Well today I decided to make an amazing green smoothie and start the day with a dose of spinach. 

I whipped this guy up in the Vita-Mix – the best high speed blender out there. I kept it pretty simple -

1 cup Vanilla Almond milk

1/2 a packet of Jay Robb Vanilla Rice Protein Powder

2 cups Organic Baby Spinach

LOTS of ice

It was very delicious. I have seen other bloggers add banana to theirs but I was saving my banana for ………..

 

DSC01767

…….my bowl of oatmeal.  I cooked up 1/2 a cup of oats on the stove (with water). I then added 1/3 of the banana and lots of cinnamon.  Once it was finished getting all ooey and gooey I poured it into my bowl and topped it with the rest of the banana and PB. 

 

DSC01768

Here is the whole shebang.  I always have a cup of tea (unadorned) with my breakfast.  This was Bigelow Decaf Vanilla.

 

DSC01771

My breakfast this morning really was delicious and it was a decent refueling after my 7.5 mile run.  The weather this morning was gorgeous – perfect running weather.  I wish that every day was like today – that would this runners dream. 

I hope you all have a great day.  I am off to get my sweet tart dressed – he is chilling in his jammies. 

Happy Tuesday!

9 comments:

Rose said...

Your smoothie look especially good in that fancy glass!

FoodsThatFit said...

Lovely green smoothie :)

I need to get a Vitamix! My little Magic Bullet blender does an o.k. job, but it doesn't get anywhere as smooth as yours looks.

Have a great day Sammie!

Erica said...

Great bfast! I love getting fruits and veggies in first thing- feels like you're already ahead of the curve! Enjoy your day

HeatherBakes said...

I'm about to jump on the green monster bandwagon- but not sure if my blender is going to cut it. I need a vitamix :(

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

I really have to get one of those Green Monsters made! I see them everywhere and hear nothing but amazing things! :-)

Great looking oats too!

7.5 miles is awesome! I hope to put a few miles on my feet this evening too!

Have a great day!

Charlie said...

Looks like a green Guinness.

Mmmmm, beer . . .

K from ksgoodeats said...

Great green monster!! I love that bowl you had your oats in - very pretty!

polly said...

Green monsters are taking over the world!! :) hehee

I had today too, sweet friend! I think green is my new favorite color!! So far today... green smoothie... green salad.... later green oats. :)

Love you, Sammie!

Shannon (The Daily Balance) said...

yay! I made my first green monster the other day and the banana is key!

Once you get more bananas you'll have to make another!