Saturday, June 6, 2009

Getting Ready for a Long drive

Hello blog friends.  How is your Saturday going?  We have had a busy day already but now we are finished running around and I am going to have to get ready for a long drive to my cousin’s wedding soon.  The ceremony was at 1:30 but the reception is not until 6 – strange, I know.  I am going to the reception only because I don’t know what I would do that far away from home ALL day by myself.  I know that some of my other family members will be around but I am pretty sure they had things already planned.  I am fine with only making an appearance at the reception – they will have no idea that I was not at the church.  I am dreading the hour and 20 minute drive but at least I will get to see some of my family that I have not seen in a while. 

When I got up this morning, to my surprise, it was not raining.  I threw on my running gear and headed out for a grand 7.5 mile run.  My feet had not hit the pavement for days and it felt good. 

After stretching and cleaning the filth off I made a BIG GREEN.

It had the usual mix – 1 cup Almond Milk, 1 tbsp Chocolate Rice Protein Powder, Stevia, 2 cups Organic Spinach and lots of ice.

 

DSC01881 

I also had a bowl of blueberry banana oats topped with PB2 sauce.  This bowl of goodness was absolutely divine.  Too bad I had to chow quickly because we had to be out the door by 8:30. 

 

DSC01878 DSC01879 DSC01880

 

Lunch today was a weird concoction but it tasted soooooo good.  I topped a bed of lettuce with leftovers from last nights dinner, added roasted unsalted peanuts, cottage cheese and once again that famous PB2 sauce.  The heat from the Baigan Bharta mixed well with the PB2.  I think that overnight the spiciness weakened a bit – my mouth was not on fire nearly as bad as it was last night. 

 

DSC01882

I followed that with an apple. Then I was really in the mood for a cup of tea, so with my tea, I ate a Cocoa Loco bar. 

 

DSC01884

We then had to run to the Natural Food store. Charlie is thinking about having a guys burger night (since I will not be here to make them dinner). I am out of gluten free buns and the D man wants gluten free hotdog rolls. We got his goods, now D will not have to eat his burger or hotdogs sans a bun. 

That is about all I have for now.  I need to start getting ready for the long drive ahead.  I really hope that I can find this place. I have a GPS so I think I will be alright. I will probably be back late so I am not sure if I will post again.  If not, I will see you tomorrow.  Enjoy your day.

2 comments:

K from ksgoodeats said...

Good luck with the drive! Have a safe trip!!

Sarah (LovIN My Tummy) said...

I hope everything was okay with the dad situation.

Love you Sammie!