Friday, June 5, 2009

Doggie Camp

Happy Friday!!  I am off to a great start today. My workout was fabulous. I did 30 minutes on the Stair Climber and 30 minutes on the Arc Trainer.  Then I moved things into the weight room and did a nice circuit (Sammie style today – I gave Jillian the day off).

Here is what I did. I do 3 sets of each exercise and perform 10 –12 reps per set.

Shoulder Press

Dumbbell Fly on Body Ball

Crossover Lunge with Hammer Curl

Dumbbell Incline Press

Elbow Out Extension (thank you Fitnessista)

Abductor machine

Adductor machine

Glute machine

Triceps Cable  Pull-down

One Arm Triceps Extension

I cam home and hit the shower – it was a must ASAP. 

For breakfast I made myself a BIG GREEN – it was delicious. Into the Vita-Mix went my usual mix of

1 cup Almond Milk

1 tbsp Chocolate Rice Protein Powder

Stevia

2 Cups Organic Baby Spinach

lots of ice

 

DSC01844

I also made the same oatmeal mix as I did yesterday sans the Chocolate PB2 sauce (it still has not arrived) and I used sunflower seed butter instead of PB.   It was a beauty.   

 

DSC01842

All the goods including my MONSTROUS mug of decaf tea. 

 

DSC01846

Today I have to drop my fur son off at doggie camp to see if he will play well with the other campers.  We are going away in July and plan to have him stay at this facility while we are on vacation.  Before we had D, we used to take our pups with us.  Now it is just way too tough to travel with crazy Otto and the D man.  He has to stay for a minimum of 3 hours so I will be without one of my kids today – that is going to feel strange.  I hope he does well. This camp is so much better for him than the typical kennel.  I love the fact that he is with a person and dogs ALL day and not stuck in a cage for his entire stay.  Plus we can go online and see him – how cool is that.  Mommy loves her fur baby too.

Our vacation is revolving around a wedding which D is the ring bearer in.  We will be in the Pittsburg PA area in July.  If I have any readers in the area and would like to plan a blogger meet-up shoot me an e-mail at samantha.otoole@verizon.net.

I hope you have a lovely day.  Any plans for the weekend? I have a wedding to go to tomorrow but Sunday looks free so I am hoping to get in some family time with my guys.

4 comments:

HeatherBakes said...

Aw, good luck with Otto at day camp! I bet he comes home EXHAUSTED from playing with the other doggies.

Weekend plans: headed to our lakehouse with some friends and hopefully a movie at some point.

Have a great weekend!

K from ksgoodeats said...

Good luck testing doggie camp! Most dogs absolutely LOVE it and don't want to leave!

D is going to be such a cutie in the wedding!!

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

Great workout!! I love all the exercises you did sets of.

Great looking green monster and oats.

The doggie camp sounds fantastic!! What a way more humane way to leave the monsters while in vacay! I wish that existed in my city! My monsters come with us for now.

polly said...

I'll pray for tomorrow, sweetie!

Come a little farther in July... maybe to Indiana??? :)


This weekend... eat lots of peaches, chicken, almond butter, green things, and have fun with my two sweeties... be outside, a little yoga, and go see Taylor Swift!! :)


Happy weekend my sweet long distance bff. xoxo