Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dishpan Hands

Happy Tuesday blog friends.  Well I think that my dishwasher bit the bullet.  I ran it last night and when I opened it this morning to get a clean dish, all the dishes were still dirty.  I tried to run it again and still nothing happened.  Looks like mommy is going to have some dishpan hands – like my hands aren’t already dry enough.  I already washed about half of the dishes that were in the dishwasher.  There are too many to fit in my dish strainer. I am attacking it in stages. 

Today I headed to the gym for some cardio and weights. I did 30 minutes on the Stairmaster, 15 minutes on the Arc Trainer and 15 minutes on the Elliptical – I was in the mood to mix it up a bit. In the weight room I did Dumbbell Fly on Body Ball, Side Lunge with Anterior Shoulder Raise, Wide Grip Lat Pull-down, Jump Squat, Ball Crunch, Low Dumbbell Row, Adductor & Abductor, Roman Chair bench. Of course I stretched afterwards. 

I went back to the oldie but goodie breakfast.  I whipped up a frothy BIG GREEN in the Vita-Mix. 

1 cup Almond milk, 1 tbsp Chocolate Rice Protein Powder, Stevia, 3 cups Organic Baby Spinach (I used 1 cup extra today and I still could not tell that there was spinach present) and lots of ice.

DSC02013 DSC02014

 

I also made a lovely batch of Banana Cinnamon oats. 

1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 1/4 cup water, 1/3 banana and lots of cinnamon

cook on the stove until thick and creamy

 

DSC02016

 

I topped my bowl of oaty bliss with the rest of the banana and PB2.  I made some PB2 a little thinner to drizzle over the top and then some a little bit thicker to dollop on.  It was delicious.

 

DSC02017

I am off to wash the rest of my dirty dishes BY HAND – I hope I am not alone in hating this task.  Just one more thing to add to my list of things to do.  I am watching Rocco while my sis heads out for a bit today.  I still need to pack our lunches so I really need to get a move on.  I hope you have a fabulous day. 

7 comments:

polly said...

oh I hope the dishwasher gets fixed, sweetie! Sometimes it's sorta fun to wash them by hand... it's like a simple task that can give you a minute to just feel accomplished and serene. :)

What a workout, girl! You are amazing. Have fun with those little guys today. Many hugs!! We still have to chat sometime soon, my sweet friend. XOXO

K from ksgoodeats said...

Sorry to hear about the dishwasher :( We actually don't have one in our house so it's all old fashion here!

Hope you guys all had a great Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

You must take part in a contest for among the finest blogs on the web.
I will

suggest this web site!
Also visit my web-site ... http://wiki.harpersglobe.com/

Anonymous said...

I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or blog posts

on this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site.
Reading this

information So i am happy to convey that I've an incredibly good uncanny feeling I

discovered exactly what I needed. I most certainly will make certain to do not forget this web

site and give it a glance regularly.
my page :: super space invaders game gear rom

Anonymous said...

I enjoy you because of all your valuable effort on this
website. My daughter

take interest in conducting

internet research and it's easy to

understand why. My spouse and i notice all regarding

the compelling form you

convey very

useful

suggestions through

this web site and even

increase

contribution from others on this concept then my girl is learning a lot of things. Enjoy the remaining portion of the new year. You're the one performing a very good job.
Also visit my page http://www.beejive.com

Anonymous said...

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I
find this topic to be actually

something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for

me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
Feel free to visit my web site - http://www.richardashcroft.co.uk/member/30970/

Anonymous said...

This design is incredible! You certainly know how to

keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well,


almost...HaHa!) Excellent job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and
more than

that, how you presented it. Too cool!
Feel free to surf my web page : mspaint wiki ancestors