Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A different Route

Happy Wednesday blog friends.  This morning was my babysitting shift at the gym, hence why I am posting so late.  All of my oldie but goodie readers know the routine by now but if there are any newbies out there, I thought that I would throw that in just in case you were curious. The lack of comments lately has me wondering if I have any readers at all – are you guys still out there?? 

Here is the how the day has gone down thus far.  I woke up early and hit the pavement.  Today I ran a different route.  I ran through this cul-de-sac up the street from my house. I made many loops which lead me up and down the winding roads for a grand total of 6.5 miles.  I saw a red fox while I was out and it was sooooo cute.  It ran away from me but then once I passed it, it started to come back – thankfully it did not decide to chase me. 

Breakfast this morning was a good old bowl of Pumpkin Protein Oats.

1/2 cup oats & my last packet of Jay Robb Chocolate Rice Protein powder cooked on the stove with LOTS of water

1/2 cup pumpkin added at the end of the cooking process

 

DSC02044

toppings = banana and PB2

Look at the deliciousness right there.

 

DSC02045

After babysitting, which was not lacking craziness in the slightest today, I ate a mini Larabar. 

I had to run to my beloved hair salon to get more Pureology RealCurl – my hair is not the same without it and then we had to hit up Hannaford.  My hubs ran out of chips – see we always need something. 

Of course I can’t go to the store and buy only chips. I walked out of there with tea, gluten free waffles (egg & dairy free so the D man can eat them), dish soap (petroleum and paraben free - hopefully my hands will not get so dry now that I am washing dishes by hand), dairy free chocolate chips (Per D’s request – unfortunately they are not soy free.  Oh Well I will stick with the 365 brand Dark Chocolate.), a Mrs. May’s Tropical Trio Bar, Stevia powder (I am really liking it – please don’t tell me it is bad for me.), kitchen cleaner (I am cleaning on Friday and needed more to take in my cleaning kit.) and toilet paper (I know your day is complete now that you know I have restocked my TP supply.)

 

DSC02048

When we finally got home it was lunch time.  D requested one of his new waffles which he inhaled in seconds so that he could get his little paws on some of those chocolate chips – they are Ghirardelli in case you were wondering. 

I made myself a tomato and Swiss cheese melt on a Gluten Free hotdog roll with a sweet potato doused in organic ketchup on the side.

 

DSC02051

I also had a bowl of raw veggies (broccoli, jicama & grape tomatoes) that I drizzled with Maple Grove farms dressing.

 

DSC02052

 

I ended lunch with a bowl of plain Greek yogurt topped with PB2 and apple dippers.

While I ate my lunch I tried to catch up on my blog reading – sorry I did not get to you all but I will tonight. 

 

DSC02054

After I finished with my chow, I washed all the dishes, dusted, vacuumed and started a load of laundry.  I have had a very productive afternoon. 

I hope that you are enjoying your day.

8 comments:

Charlie said...

Ah, a new bag of chips.

polly said...

I'm still here, my bff long distance sweetie!! Did you see red peppers in my lunch today? Those are for Sammie. Girl, I am just not a veggie eater. Thank goodness I can drink them. I think Declan and I would be great friends with out lack of veggie lovin'. :)

Hope your day is grand. I love to hear about your days and adventures. I knew you'd be at the gym today babysitting. We really are neighbors, ya know.


Do you like the gluten free waffles? Is there soy? I had a few soybeans in my veggie mix today...ugh. I am not a fan and I konw I shouldn't eat them. So that was my soy finale. ;)


XOXO

Sammie said...

Polly,
The waffles I had the other day were soy free but not egg free. I did think that they were tasty.
I bought Vans brand for D today because they are egg free, dairy free and gluten free. They are not soy free so I will not be eating them. I do not eat soy AT ALL. I even avoid soy lecithin.
I really wish I could get that little man of mine to enjoy at least one veg - someday maybe.
Hugs to you my sweet friend - thanks for always stopping by and showing me some bloggy love.
xoxo

K from ksgoodeats said...

Still here!! Your PB2/banana combo looks SERIOUSLY good! As does your lunch!

Phew, glad you got some TP ;) Hope the rest of your day was splendid!

Sammie said...

K,
Thanks for always stopping by. I look forward to reading your comments.

Becky Strumpf said...

i read your blog everyday! i am a constant lurker on most blogs, haha.

Sammie said...

Hi Becky,
Thanks for reading - it is nice to see a new face (well name actually). I love getting comments so keep em coming.

Lindsay said...

Sammie I read every day, but I always forget to comment! Still love your stuff though! :)