Thursday, June 11, 2009

Coconut Milk

Since we have been avoiding dairy in D’s diet, we have lots of Coconut Milk product in the house.  I was doing a little reading on the benefits of M.C.F.As. in your diet and found it rather interesting.  Check it out and let me know what you think. That being said, I decided to test the Vanilla So Delicious Coconut Milk in my green smoothie this morning.  Per 1 cup of Vanilla Coconut Milk there are 90 calories, 5 grams of Fat, 15 mg of Sodium, 90 mg of Potassium, 9 grams of Carbs, 7 grams of sugar and 1 gram of Protein (not a good source of protein but neither is the Almond milk that I usually use).

 

DSC02060

Into the Vita-Mix went 1 cup Vanilla Coconut Milk, 1 tbsp Chocolate Rice Protein, 3 cups Organic Spinach and lots of ice. I left out the stevia so I could really get the full flavor of the coconut milk.

I tried a sip of my concoction to see how sweet it was and it was not sweet at all.  The coconut flavor was mild but I could still taste it’s presence.  I did add some stevia and it took my BIG GREEN to another level of deliciousness.

I think that I might have found a permanent addition to my diet.  D and I will be fighting over this stuff – he LOVES it too.  I would actually like to try the Unsweetened flavor and leave the sweetened variety for my sweet tart. 

 

DSC02061

 

I also had a yummy warm bowl of tummy love.  The oats were creamy, the banana was sweet and the PB2 was like frosting on a cake. 

 

DSC02062 DSC02063

 

More YUMMY banana & PB2 action. It really was amazingly scrumptious.

 

DSC02066

 

So please let me know what your thoughts are on Coconut Milk. Have you tried it?  If not, would you like to try it? For all you non coconut fans, this stuff does not have that typical sweet imitation coconut flavor so you just might like it.  It really is delightfully creamy. 

I am hoping to take my little doobie to story hour so I gotta get a move on.  I hope your day is off to a good start. 

4 comments:

Erica said...

Hey girl! I have not yet tried this but really want to. Glad you are enjoying it. Hope you two have a good day

K from ksgoodeats said...

I haven't tried coconut milk yet but I'm glad you guys are liking it! It sounds good! Love the PB2 ;)

Have a great Thursday!

polly said...

hi sweetie!

I tried the coconut yogurt once but it was sooo sweet! I agree, we'll leave the sweets for our sweet tarts. ;)

I am so far loving my unsweetnened almond milk, original. For some crazy reason the vanilla bothered me, but the plain jane... seems great in my tummy, so I'm happy!


Love to you, pb girl. Your bowls are as yummy as you. :) XOXO

ps... it's thankful thursday and we both had our green smoothies today! THANKFUL FOR SAMMIE. :)

Tanya said...

I've tried it and reviewed it for Iateapie.net and loved it! Like you said, it doesn't have a strong taste. I have to add a little sweetener to my green smoothies too (honey).