Saturday, June 13, 2009

Car trouble

Hey guys, how is your weekend going?  Well sadly my mom was unable to make it to MA this weekend.  They were 2 hours into the drive when their car started making some noise near the wheel.  They turned around and were about 30 minutes from home when the wheel actually fell of the car.  Thankfully they did not get hurt and were able to get transportation back to their house.  So I will not be spending time with my mom this weekend – BOO!!!  On a happier note, I had a fabulous time catching up on the last 12 years with my friend last night. We hung out at the tattoo studio until closing and then just headed to her house to chat for another 3 1/2 hours. I got home VERY late but was still wide awake at my usual time – I seriously have sleeping issues.  I strapped on the running sneaks and hit the pavement.  I did a nice long run today – 8 miles – it felt great. 

Once I cleaned off the sweat and grime I made a bowl of pumpkin protein oats fast & furious so that we could get out the door in time for D’s karate class.

 

DSC02115

After Karate we stopped to see my Nana. I had a birthday card for her – she just turned 70.  When we got home I made lunch.  I had a gluten free bun with Swiss cheese and a bowl of veggies (zucchini & orange pepper), which I seasoned with curry powder and chili powder.  I also included a small scoop of cottage cheese for extra protein.

 

DSC02117 DSC02118

 

There was also an apple and an Enjoy Life bar consumed.

 

DSC02120 DSC02121

 

After lunch me and my guys (Otto included) headed to Noanet Woodlands in Dover for a hike.  I found out about this place in a magazine that my gym offers to it’s members – Competitor. There was an article on hiking places for you and your dog. 

D chucked rocks into the big puddles in the parking lot – the highlight of his afternoon.

 

NW1

 

Into the woods we go.

 

NW2 NW3

NW4 NW5

 

The hike took a turn for the worst.  He tends to be a crankster when we drag him for a trek in the great outdoors. I have no idea why – we used to take him when he was a baby and he loved it. Now that we expect him to walk on his own 2 feet he throws a fit when his legs get tired – which always seems to happen much quicker than normal.  He seriously started this not even 15 minutes into the hike.  He then took a digger and cut his finger.  It is a teeny scrape but of course he made a huge deal out of it.

 

NW6

We finally made it to our destination and the view was amazing. That is the Boston skyline.

 

NW7

The summit was all rocks and trees. It was beautiful.

 

NW8

NW9

NW10

 

We headed back down the hill which thankfully remained complaint free until the very end.

When we got home the house smelled amazing. I made a loaf of bread in the bread machine for Charlie today and it was ready and waiting to be sampled when we got home. 

 

DSC02144 DSC02143

 

I made him an omelet and toast for dinner so he could indeed enjoy his fresh loaf.

 

DSC02145  

The assembly line.

He quite enjoyed his bread.  He now has a homemade loaf of bread to make his sandwiches on for the week.

 

DSC02148 DSC02149 DSC02150

 

I also had breakfast for dinner. I topped 2 gluten free waffles with PB2, jelly (I heated it in the micro for a few seconds so that it would pour) and a few peanuts for crunch.  I also had a scoop of cottage cheese – for protein again.

 

DSC02151

So that is how my day has gone down so far. I am not sure what we are doing this evening. At the moment my 2 favorite guys are watching SpongeBob.

I hope you are having a great weekend.

5 comments:

polly said...

hi honey! Just catching up. Sooo sweet the pic of you on the hike. Love that bread you made C. mmm. Sometimes smelling it is the best part, no?

I hope you enjoy your weekend, you look so cute in your jeans. Such an outdoorsy girl, my long distance bff.


We'll have a picnic eating pb2 and almond butter or big bowls of oatmeal together. :)

I will pray D gets some answers soon for his belly. Please pray for my belly, too my sweet friend. I think we are on to something, but not sure. Balance is still huge for me, but I am bad at that... especially when eating almond butter or TJ's chips. ;)


Love you and have a wonderful night with your boys!! XOXO

polly said...

ps. I hope your mom gets to come another time very soon, sweetie!! XOXO

K from ksgoodeats said...

Gorgeous views!! So sorry to hear about your mom's car - glad everyone is okay!

The highlight of D's afternoon with the puddles - oh to be a kid again ;)

Becky said...

I love the hiking pics...being at the top of a hike is awesome with the view and all the trees. I also love PB2...sometimes I mix it with a little of the regular pb to get that flavor, but I love how you can make it runny and top it on anything. Have a great Sunday :)

Charlie said...

Which has a bigger bald spot on top, me or that hill we climbed? You be the judge!