Saturday, June 20, 2009

And he Got a FAT lip

I hope you all enjoyed Charlie’s guest post last night. I really needed to just veg.  I took D to play with Rocco yesterday since he was feeling great. Well I really should have kept him home where he could play calmly and rest when needed. He ended up getting sick at my sister’s house so I packed up our stuff and headed out ASAP. When I got him in the car he looked like he was going to pass out so I made him eat some Veggie Chips and drink water – I really do not think he ate enough while we were there and he was pretty active.  I kept looking back at him and his eyes were closing while he was trying to eat. I pulled over and felt his head – yup, he felt warm. I turned around and went back to my sis’s house so I could check his temp.  It ended up being around 100 so I called the DR.  I was able to talk to a nurse and she informed me that a flu virus can take as long as 10 days to exit your system. She suggested the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce & toast). Thankfully I was able to get him home without a problem. After he ate he looked much better. 

Oh while we were there, he managed to smash his mouth into the side of Rocco’s bed and get a fat lip.  So I not only had to deal with tummy issues yesterday but there was blood shed too. 

 

DSC02246 (2)

After all that, I just wanted to be a lump and enjoy a very cheesy Hallmark Channel movie – which I did. 

This morning mommy most definitely needed her run so I banged out a great 8 miler today.  It was so foggy out there that I was running through thick white mist and my hair was dripping wet from the moisture. 

For breakfast I made the ever so popular Blueberry Banana Oatmeal.  I actually made it a little different today. I started cooking my oatmeal (2/3 cup) on the stove with 2 1/2 cups of water.  Once it was boiling and getting thick I mixed in a scoop of Pea Protein.  I then turned off the heat and mixed till well combined. The oatmeal thickened right away – just the consistency that I was looking for. Then came 1/2 a cup of Frozen Blueberries, cinnamon and 1/3 a banana.  I poured the deliciousness into my bowl and added the rest of the banana and a drizzle of PB2.  This method of cooking produced a whopper – it barely fit in the bowl. It was delicious and I enjoyed every single scrumptious bite.

 

DSC02251

Today is going to be a low key day. I am going to try to get some cleaning done around the homestead.  D is going to take it easy and hopefully we will have a better day today. 

Enjoy your Saturday.

1 comment:

The Actors Diet said...

i love when oatmeal plumps up like that!