Saturday, May 9, 2009

Tuna & Grapes

A few years ago I fell in love the combination of tuna and apples.  I would have never thought that tuna would taste good with a sweet flavor but it does. I had this tuna salad creation from Whole Foods.  The “tuna salad” contained apples, dried cranberries, tuna, mayo, dill and walnuts.  I used to make that same “salad” using mustard and sans walnuts often but for some reason I stopped.  I think that maybe I was getting a little tired of tuna. 

  Tonight I made a new tuna salad. 

DSC01227

I mixed one tablespoon 365 brand Mayo, about a tablespoon Plain Greek yogurt, dried dill, sliced red grapes and a can of no sodium added tuna. I placed a layer of lettuce on a gluten free tortilla and then topped it with the salad.  For a little crunch I sprinkled on some roasted sunflower seeds. 

It was amazingly delicious.  I will be making this again – just not so much that I get sick of it.  

 

DSC01228

After dinner we went out for a frosty treat.  I chose Mango Sorbet topped with a layer of Vanilla Soft Serve.  It was a great combination.  The creamy vanilla and the thick chunky sorbet married so well together.  I can’t believe it took me this long to try this out.  I think I might have created a monster – I can’t wait to have it again. 

 

0509091840a

That is all for today my friends.  I hope your day was lovely. Tomorrow is a special day and not just because I am a Mommy. Come back tomorrow to find out.

4 comments:

Megan said...

MMM that tuna sandwich looks tasty!

ttfn300 said...

mango and vanilla? perfect :) as is that tuna salad combo!

Brooke said...

I am definitely going to try that tuna salad. Yum. Sounds like your having a fun weekend!

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

Awesome looking tuna! I bet tuna and grapes are a great combination.
mmmm sorbet! It's always nice to end the day with a sweet treat!

Have a great Sunday!