Monday, May 11, 2009

Surprised

Happy Monday!  I hope that you all had a lovely weekend.  We sure did. Yesterday I spent the entire day with my 2 favorite guys.  We ended up going to a state park and walking around for a while. D enjoyed chucking rocks into the water – he really is ALL boy.  The weather was fabulous even though it was super windy.  

So what did Mommy get for Mother’s Day and our Anniversary?  I got 3 pairs of my favorite running socks from my little sweet tart. My guys know that anything that has to do with running is the perfect gift for this running mama.  For an Anniversary gift, Charlie really surprised me. I was trying to get 2 Whiting & Davis vintage bracelets off E-Bay  a few weeks ago.  W & D is known for their mesh handbags but years ago they actually manufactured some really funky jewelry.  The starting bids for the 2 pieces that I had my eye on was like $10 – nothing really expensive.  I wasn’t looking to drop a ton of money on myself but thought that if I could buy them on the cheap, they would be pretty neat to have in my collection of unique jewelry.  I was able to win the bidding on one of the bracelets but the other one, I kept getting out bid.  I was only willing to go up to $35 dollars so I ended up giving up on biding.  The day that the piece finally sold the bidder ended up paying $76. I had looked on-line for other pieces like this one and found a similar bracelet with an amber stone that was selling for $126.  I figured the person I was bidding against knew that it was worth something.  You can imagine how shocked I was when I unwrapped my gift and found that exact bracelet was in my possession. Charlie asked his mom to place a bid on it 30 minutes before the bidding closed.  Well she did and the person that I was in a bidding war with ended up not responding and my mother-in-law won it. I never went back to the site to see who actually placed the final bid. I just knew that it sold for way more than I wanted to pay.  So here it is. It is a biggie and I LOVE it!!!  I can’t believe Charlie went through all that for this bracelet. He knew how much I wanted it and he made it happen.  It is not something that I can wear every day but it is just so amazingly beautiful that I really wanted it to be mine. 

I think I have myself a keeper :) He really loves me. 

 

DSC01232 DSC01233 DSC01234

 

This morning I put on a pair of my new sockies and hit the pavement for an 8 mile run. Man I am so glad that I found those things – my toes are much happier these days.

Breakfast was the same bowl of oats that I think I have eaten for the last 5 days – it is just so yummy.

 

DSC01235

In the mix:

1/2 cup oats

1 tablespoon Rice Protein powder

lots of water

Cinnamon

Pumpkin

Banana

Raw Almond Butter

I cooked this fluffy goodness up on the stove – it was amazing. 

 

DSC01236

I am not sure what is on the agenda for the day but my side kick is waiting for me.  Time to go enjoy some D time.  Have a great day.

6 comments:

Erica said...

AWWWWWWWWWWW so sweet. What a guy ;) Glad you had such a fabulous day- you deserve it.

GreenDogWine said...

That is too sweet! Your boys totally know you! And I'm in LOVE with that bracelet!! GORGEOUS!

Lindsay said...

What a unique bracelet! So glad you enjoyed your double special day!

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

That is soooooo sweet! Gotta love the great husbands!
And it's so sweet your sun knows to buy you running gear. I love kid logic :-)

8 Mile run! very good!

Great looking b-fast as well!

Have a fabulous day!

Lauren said...

Mmm I haven't had pumpkin oats in a while.

Pretty bracelet!

Meredith said...

that bracelet is awesome! i love funky vintage finds like that.