Thursday, May 21, 2009

Summer Shape Up

Happy Thursday!!  I have definitely gotten off to a great start.  It is absolutely amazing outside this morning so I ventured out for a 6.2 mile run.  Doing a shorter run leaves me plenty of time to fit in weights before my guys wake up.  I tried Gina’s Summer Shape Up Week 3 Day 2 workout (shoulders, chest and triceps).  It was AWESOME!  I will definitely be trying her other weight routines.  Thank you so much for posting all these great workouts.  It is always nice to add variety to my exercises. For instance, I have never even heard of Elbow Out Extension – loved it.  No worries about underarm jiggle if you add that to the routine.  Go try out her workouts. 

For breakfast this morning I actually mixed up something a little different – shocking, I know.  I cooked my usual 1/2 cup oats on the stove with water and added Vanilla Hemp Protein instead of the rice protein.  I LOVE the flavor of hemp – so nutty and earthy.  I also added lots of cinnamon because it is a must in my bowl of oats. 

 

DSC01478

I topped it with a banana, a sprinkle of Navitas Naturals Acai Powder and a drizzle of sunflower seed butter.  The Acai powder did not add a ton of flavor, maybe the slightest bit of tartness.  I was after the nutrition benefits more than a flavor enhancer. It is loaded with antioxidants, monounsaturated & polyunsaturated fatty acids. Check out their website for full details on the benefits adding Acai to your diet. 

I served this combo of yumminess in my new bowl from my long distance BFF

 

DSC01481 DSC01480

 

Look who was waiting for me to finish gobbling up my fancy feast.

 

DSC01484

Now I must go set D up with his new paints or he is going to bust. The boy has not stopped bugging me about them ALL morning.  I swear it was the first thing out of his mouth today. 

I hope you have great day.  We are hitting the HOT zone here today – YIPPIE!!!

3 comments:

polly said...

love you long distance BFF! :)

XOXO


Have fun with your paints, D!

XOXO

K from ksgoodeats said...

Ahhh that bowl is way too cute! I love it!!

Enjoy the HOT weather today :)

Tanya said...

I;m loving my HOT weather too. Your bowl is cute - and I thought I was the only one who adds cinnamon to my oatmeal always :-)