Friday, May 1, 2009

Something is not Agreeing

Good afternoon friends.  It has been another busy Friday so far for this mama.  I stopped at Trader Joe’s and then the Natural Heath Food store on the way home from cleaning.  I was really in the mood for a sandwich, thus the stop at the NHF store for a loaf of gluten free bread.  I also made a detour into the store next door – PR Running.  I bought a little something for my muscles – more on that at a later time – or at least until I have used it.

I snacked on this delicious gem after my 2+ hours of cleaning. My tastebuds were happy.

DSC01009

When we finally got home I was in dire need of sustenance. I broke out the new loaf and melted some swiss on a slice for a fast sandwich.

 

DSC01013 

I also made a salad – not as big as I normally make. This one contained lettuce, shredded coleslaw mix, red pepper, salsa, hummus, raw broccoli (a fav of mine) and cottage cheese.

 

DSC01012 

My sweet tooth was knocking so I had a Cocoa Loco bar with a cup of decaf tea.

 

DSC01015

I am not sure what it was but something is not agreeing with my tummy (maybe I inhaled too many chemicals while cleaning?). All of a sudden my head hurts and I am feeling rather nauseous. Oh I better not get sick.  I am going to go put my feet up – something that never happens until after D is in bed. If I tell him I don’t feel good then he will let me rest for a few (seconds that is) – he is sweet like that.

*okay, after I wrote that he announced that he is hungry. I will sit down after I feed my hungry monkey. See Mommy is not allowed to get sick. 

Here’s hoping that I bounce back to normal soon.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Feel better!!
In the meantime, enjoy this site: www.bitchtunes.wordpress.com :)

Gen said...

D is lucky to have such a wonderful and dedicated mother! Feel better soon!

K from ksgoodeats said...

Mmmm melty cheese! Raw broccoli is really good but it has to be crunchy. I don't like it when they get wilty!

Hope you start to feel better!!

redheadedjournal said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Mariposa said...

feel better! i hate it when I get sick like that! i do the same thing.. put my feet up and try and get the kids to do something else.. it works sometimes!

i went to Flints Farm today..when is the last time you were there? : )