Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Someone Asked – Here it is

I have not yet posted full pictures of my tattoos – not sure why, I am not trying to hide them from you. The one on my arm usually sneaks into a photo every now and then because I am right handed and hold things with my left as I snap the photo.  I was asked about it a while ago and never posted about it and then I was asked again today – so here it is. 

DSC01147

 

This is obviously very special to me – my son is the most important person to me - EVER!  I am a huge lover of the Art Nouveau period so I had an artist design this based on some designs from that era that I liked. I have had it for three years and I LOVE IT. There you go – a little more Sammie revealed.

 

DSC01150 

Here is a quickie of the days eats. 

AM snack

Lunch Salad – lettuce, broccoli, salsa, hummus, cottage cheese & a rice cake

 

DSC01085 DSC01128

 

Lunch – another Rice Cake with Raw Almond Butter and an Apple

My sweet ending = Larabar = I got my chocolate fix

 

DSC01129 DSC01130

 

Afternoon Snack – Plain Greek Yogurt with a few crushed Espresso Walnut Cuploa Clouds and another Apple (these are the best Goldens from Whole Foods).

 

DSC01133 DSC01131

 

Dinner is kind of lame but it did the trick – 2 Chicken sausages (they look a bit ill in the photo but tasted delish), 2 Corn Thins with a piece of melted Swiss cheese, zucchini and a little mustard for dipping.

 

DSC01135

For dessert I made a little homemade Sorbet.  After seeing Abbey make a little something like it I have been meaning to give it a go. I used frozen mango, frozen mixed berries, a splash of milk and a little drizzle of honey.  All the goods went into the food processor until all the chunks were gone and I was left with a rather palatable mass of creamy deliciousness.

Delicious it was (oh no, there I go with Yoda lingo again – to much Star Wars in my life). It was not too sweet and the texture was by far better than I had hoped. I did not want it to be grainy and it was not.  I will be making this again – A LOT!

 

DSC01141

 

I hope you all had a great day. I am off to get in my PJ’s and get warm – it is cold in my house.  See you tomorrow.

9 comments:

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

Holy Mackers! I had NOOO idea. I have to say, I'm thinking you are pretty bad ass.

What does D think about it? Has he given himself a "tattoo" yet?

I've toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo on my lower back to cover my surgery scar that I am bound to have. I think Chris would kill me though. Plus I don't really need any more pain back there, do I?

Julie said...

Oooh, I love your tatt. The colors are so pretty. It had to have hurt like hell though! The skin right there is thin! I agree with Sarah, you are one bad ass mo-fo.

Sammie said...

Sarah,
I have one on my lower back too - apparently it is called a tramp stamp as my hubby just informed me. No D has not given himself a tattoo - he isn't really into drawing on himself.

Charlie said...

Yeah, she's a bad-ass, at least when you don't stomp your shoes out before you come in.

Briana said...

I didn't even know you had a tattoo. It's rockin' though.

polly said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that tattooo!!! Sammie, you are truly a cool momma. Love your heart and now your ARM! :) XOXO

Melissa@ For the Love of Health said...

Nice tattoo! I agree that if you are going to tattoo something onto your skin permanently, it MUST have some meaning. :-)

Great looking food! Love the sorbet! Yum!

HeatherBakes said...

WOW! Nice tattoo! I bet Declan loves it, too. Now he'll have to get a "Mom" tattoo in a few years :)

K from ksgoodeats said...

Oh wow! That's a big tattoo! I like it!

I want to try those Trio bars sometime soon, they look fabulous!