Sunday, May 17, 2009

She was Surprised

The bridal shower I went to today was actually really beautiful.  It was held at a very old farm house that had so much character and charm. I believe the house belonged to the Bride’s Aunt. 

There was a buffet set up with all different breakfast foods. Of course there was only one gluten free option – fruit.  Thankfully I planned ahead and packed a Nature’s Path Sweet & Salty Bar to eat because I did not end up getting home until 2:00 (that is a super late lunch for me).

DSC01352 DSC01353

DSC01354 

The Bride was very surprised when she walked in. She thought that she was stopping by to pick up her cousin. 

 

DSC01355 DSC01357

 

There was lots of unwrapping to be done. 

 DSC01358

 

The lady in red is my Aunt – the mother of the Groom. 

 

DSC01361

She got a lot of lovely gifts.  Overall, this shower was probably one of the best that I have attended.

 

DSC01362

 

When I got home I made myself something to eat because I was famished.  I topped one of my famous salads with salsa, hummus, cottage cheese and my homemade Mung Bean Hummus.  The veggies included were lettuce, shredded cabbage, mushrooms, red pepper and jicama. I had some TJ’s Blue Corn tortilla chips on the side.

 

DSC01363 DSC01365

 

I wanted a little something sweet so I had an apple with Sunbuuter.

 

DSC01369

 

So as I was leaving the shower today my Aunt had a gift for me.  She gave me a necklace that belonged to my Memere who passed away 15 years ago. I do not have anything that belonged to her because a lot of her stuff was left with her husband (not my Grandfather) when she died. The necklace is a simple piece of costume jewelry with a small heart pendant.  The pendant is engraved with her name which happens to be my middle name. I really could not thank my Aunt enough. Just seeing the necklace brought me to tears. I immediately put it on.  I love it and I will definitely where it often. 

 

b

Since I ate my lunch so late I did not have an afternoon snack and I ended up eating dinner an hour later than I normally do. 

For dinner I had 1/2 a baked sweet potato, an Organic Chicken Sausage, raw broccoli & mushrooms and the last of my homemade Mung Bean Hummus.

 

DSC01371 

I also had 2 rice cakes with a piece of melted Swiss cheese.

 

DSC01372

Dessert was 2 Chocolate covered cashew stuffed dates and 2 Chocolate covered Pineapple pieces.  I made myself more yummies this afternoon using TJ’s Unsweetened Dried Pineapple.  These things are sweet and chewy delights. 

 

DSC01373

One of my favorite movies - My Big Fat Greek Wedding – is on TV right now.  I will have to change the channel soon since a new episode of Desperate Housewives is on tonight. 

I hope you had a great weekend.  See you tomorrow. 

No comments: