Thursday, May 28, 2009

Not Our Typical Evening

Last night it took us almost 4 hours to build the new Lego Star Wars kits.  We let D stay up with us – that was a treat. I am usually a stickler when it comes to his bedtime.  He ended up falling asleep in the living room in our big comfy chair (that explains why he is still in the same shirt this morning). We did not have a typical evening last night – we let the rules slip a bit.  I think that both Charlie & I just wanted D to have a good night after the appointment that traumatized all 3 of us. 

This morning he woke up and immediately went looking for this.  That is the Gunship which contains over 1000 pieces. 

I love his bed-head.

 

gunship 

I built Ahsoka’s Starfighter and Vulture Droid,  then I helped Charlie finish the Gunship. If I left him to do it all by himself it would have taken more like 6 hours to complete. That thing is intricate.

 

DSC01659 DSC01661

DSC01664 DSC01665

 

I ended up getting to bed close to midnight and had the hardest time staying asleep – way too many thought going through my head. Even though I slept horribly, I was so ready to get out of bed at my normal hour.  It was drizzling out this morning but that did not stop me – I needed to feel the pavement under my feet. 

For breakfast this morning I used Jay Robb’s Strawberry Rice Protein.  My appetite is a little off so I decided to make a hearty breakfast just in case I am not in the mood for too much chow later in the day. 

 

DSC01666

I cooked up some stovetop oats mixed with the protein powder and water.  When it was finished cooking I mixed in a few strawberries and 1/2 a banana.

 

DSC01671

I topped it off with more strawberries and the rest of the banana. 

 

DSC01669 DSC01670

 

Jay Robb did it again.  The protein powder was delicious.  It was so sweet and yummy.  Where has this stuff been my whole life?  I would have never found it if it weren’t for blogging.  That is one of the perks of reading blogs – I have discovered so many amazing products. 

So today I developed the Twitter bug.  I am not sure how often I will be able to twitter but I thought that I would let you all know that I am now “IN”.  Sometimes I feel so “OUT” – being a stay at home mommy has that effect. How many of you are on Twitter?  What do you like about it? Do you follow a lot of people? I can see it being addicting.

I can not believe how long it has taken me to get this post up. I have had to fix that Gunship a billion times.  Now he is requesting oatmeal. I must go and feed my little man seeing as I have not been able to get him to eat much the past few days. 

We are heading to see D’s partner in crime this afternoon. My sis has an appointment so we are staying with my nephew while she scoots out for a few. 

Enjoy your day.

3 comments:

K from ksgoodeats said...

I'm on Twitter but I never update it! I always forget I have it!!

I just caught up about D's appointment - I'm so sorry it was tough :( I hope they figure out what's up soon!

Danica's Daily said...

YUM to the strawberry and banana oats. I LOVE Jay Robb protein powders too.

I am on Twitter but I rarely update - it's hard enough to keep up with blogging. I WISH they would do an automatic update for you whenever you posted a new post on your blog - that would be awesome.

It's cool to skim and see what everyone says but at the same time it's pretty impersonal.

Tanya said...

I'm on Twitter and I post a lot. SOmetimes it's like company while I'm at home alone on the computer.

Alos love the Jay Robb!