Friday, May 29, 2009

My Favorite Flavor is

Nope, not the Chocolate. I LOVE the Vanilla.  I tried this packet in my oatmeal this morning.  I have now sampled all 3 flavors which are all super delicious.  I just really enjoyed the Vanilla the most.  I think that it would be the most versatile too.

 

DSC01685

Today I am heading to my sister-in-law’s house to clean so I prepared a breakfast of champions.  This was 3/4 cup oats cooked on the stove with LOTS of water and the Chocolate Rice Protein.  Once it was finished cooking I added pumpkin and 1/3 a banana.

 

DSC01686

I then tossed on the remainder of the banana and a drizzle of Sunflower Seed Butter.

DSC01688 DSC01689

 

This bowl was a real winner.

Today I went to the gym and did one of Jillian Michaels Hot Bod in a Box Circuit Training workouts.  Once again it did not disappoint.

Here is what Jillian says about Circuit Training and why it is a good way to exercise.

Circuit Training simply means performing a series of selected exercises or activities in sequence as rapidly as possible. This allows you to achieve the benefits of systemic aerobic exercises.  Additionally, with circuit training, you can perform more exercises in the same period of time, thus burning more fat because of better fatigue management. 

I wore my heart rate monitor today while I did the circuit training workout.  I completed each circuit twice for a little more challenging workout.  It took me 50 minutes and I burned 252 calories.  I think that if you are crunched for time and need a workout, then a circuit could really fit into your routine.

Have you ever done Circuit Training?  If so, what did you think of it? If not, does it sound like something you would like to try? 

Time to go tackle the dust bunnies.  I hope you have a great Friday. 

4 comments:

Alison said...

Hi Sammie, I'm enjoying your blog! I'm another SAHM runner foodie, it's always nice to find other moms out there like me!

The only circuit training I've done is with Jillian and her DVD's... love her and everything she has to say on fitness, health and wellness. :)

K from ksgoodeats said...

I'm a vanilla girl as well :) It's the pure flavor that does it for me!

I used to do circuit training when I was still an athlete and I loved it! You get so much done in a short period of time.

polly said...

hi honey!

I used to teach classes and we'd do circuits. Running sprints in the gym, set up steps so that we had to "run the tires" and then strength stuff with weights, lunges, etc. It was a booty kicker!

That was an amazing bowl. Wanna come over for supper? I think I'm having oatmeal. :) Love you my long distance bff sammie girl!

peacelovepb said...

i really need to try this protein powder! its everywhere on the blogs and everyone seems to enjoy it!

love the oats :)