Monday, May 4, 2009

Mall Rats

Today D and I ventured out a couple times – errands the first time and hanging at the mall the second time. I was hoping to find a dress but came home empty handed again.  I swear that I have the hardest time finding a dress that does not look like an oversized sack on my upper body – my girls are rather tiny. 

Before our morning excursion I ate a Larabar – love this flavor.  Then again I love almost ALL of them.

 

DSC01063

We got home a little after noon time so it was definitely time for a feeding before we went to the mall. I made a salad – lettuce, raw broccoli, salsa, hummus and cottage cheese.

 

DSC01066

I also had 2 pieces of gluten free bread with a piece of melted Swiss cheese.

 

DSC01067

I ended with an apple and some PB.

 

DSC01068 

Me and my sidekick walked around the mall for a few hours. I should never go into the pet store -  I wanted to take all those little babies home.  He finally started to complain that his legs were tired and I was tired of trying on dresses that were not flattering to my flat chest. For some reason I did not get hungry while we were out – rare I know. It must have been the fact that I was thinking so much about dresses that I never thought about food.

As soon as I got home I made dinner – it was already almost 5 – wow where did the day go. 

I bought some Gluten/Soy free chicken sausages at Whole Foods the other day so I decided to make breakfast for dinner.

 

DSC01076

I ate the 2 sausages with 3 scrambled egg whites and a sweet potato that I cooked in the microwave.

 

DSC01075

I did some wrapping action with all of the goods with one of these.

 

DSC01072

My hubs is on his way home so I must start his dinner. He is getting black bean soup over a bed of rice. I might throw on some shredded cheese for some extra yumminess. 

Tonight we are tackling the bills – ugh!  I’m going to enjoy something sweet before we get down to business.  Not sure what that will be – but my sweet tooth is already knocking. 

Have a great night.

9 comments:

Megan said...

I have the same problem with finding dresses!! Don't worry, you'll eventually find something =) All of your salads look so yummy! Have a great week!

redheadedjournal said...

That is by far my favorite Larabar flavor! Yay coconut :)

K from ksgoodeats said...

That Lara is the best flavor by far!! I love your salad as well :)

Pet stores have the same effect on me as well - I want to take them all home! Sorry you didn't find a dress! You'll find one soon!!

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

I missed what you are looking for a dress for. My girls are also tiny. Could you get away with a fitted blouse and a pencil skirt? I bet your legs would look awesome.

Gosh, I'm a little creeped out by myself on that one!

Briana said...

Man, I know what your talking about in finding a dress. It's like they think every woman has barbie proportions. I'm sure you'll find something though.

Looks like you had lots of good food though.

brookesballbuster said...

I went spring shopping last week and found a ton of cute dresses at Gap. You may want to try there if you haven't already...if the dresses aren't cuttin' it go for the skirts. There's plenty out there!

Suzanne said...

Lemme commiserate with you...I bought my last bra in the LITTLE girls' section of Target. I'm 5'4 and 24! The silver lining is that the bra was super cheap!

bridget said...

Hi Sammie,

Great blog--just found it recently. Would you share a picture of your tattoo that is peaking out of your wrist??

:)

Sammie said...

Sarah,
I need it for a wedding. I actually was able to order my size in the dress that I like from an Anthropologie store in PA. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Bridget,
Sure I can. I will try to get some decent pictures to share with you guys tonight.