Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Making Friends

This morning D and I headed to the book store for story hour.  The theme of the day was pets.  After the stories the kids got to play with ink pads and stamps.  Most of the ink ended up on the kiddies and barely any on the paper.  The mess was easily washed off and the little rascals had a good time. 

I wanted to stop by the library afterward so I brought along a bar to snack on which I did end up needing – my tummy was talking.

DSC01426

I was not planning on being at the library very long but D started playing with a little boy who was there and they ended up having so much fun together. I started chatting with his mom and come to find out, we do not live that far apart.  We stayed at the library for almost 2 hours – yeah, time flies when you are having fun.  We actually exchanged numbers – hopefully we can get together again soon. 

When we got home I made a fast lunch.  The fastest thing to make -  a salad. 

 

DSC01431

It contained lettuce, shredded cabbage, orange pepper, summer squash, jicama, broccoli, hummus, salsa and cottage cheese. 

I also had TJ’s blue corn tortilla chips with it.

 

DSC01428

Then came my sweet tooth.  I was in a chocolate mood so I had a plate of chocolate.  1 chocolate covered date, 1 chocolate covered dried pineapple slice and a Cocoa Loco Bar – very satisfied!

 

DSC01434

I hope you are enjoying your day.

1 comment:

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

Omigosh, I have totally picked up other moms like that. I always feel like a sleezy guy saying, "Um...can I have your number?"