Sunday, May 17, 2009

Looks the Same but it is Different

I bought a can of canned squash at the store because they were all out of my beloved Libby’s Pumpkin. My bowl of oats today looks the same and actually does not taste drastically different.

DSC01349

I love the addition of the canned veggie to my mix because it adds bulk and it does make the end result much more creamy. 

Other than the squash, the rest of my concoction was the same as usual.

1/2 cup oats cooked with lots of water

1 tablespoon Chocolate Rice Protein Powder

LOTS of Cinnamon

banana

Coconut butter

 

DSC01350 DSC01351

 

For a workout before digging into this delicious breakfast, I let Jillian boss me around for 40 minutes.  I did level 1 & 2 – wow what a killer combo. I then went outside for a 5 mile walk.  Yes, I did say walk.  It was a nice change of pace but of course I would rather run.  I really do have to force myself to take it easy sometimes. 

I am off to a Champagne Brunch bridal shower.  It is an hour away from my house and I am not 100% sure where it is so I need to get my booty in gear and hit the road. 

I will take my camera and try to get some photos of the fun event.  See you later. Enjoy your day.

3 comments:

K from ksgoodeats said...

I love how on walks you can take time to enjoy the scenery! 5 miles!! Wow! Have fun today at the shower :)

polly said...

I wish we could have walked together! Love you, my friend. Have fun at the shower. Hugs and happy Sunday, sweetie. XOXO

Anne said...

That breakfast looks great, and wow-- shred levels 1 AND 2? What an intense workout!

I like to add canned pureed butternut squash to my oats-- I'm not sure if it's like the squash you got, but it definitely makes the oats more creamy! Yum. Have a great time at the bridal shower!