Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Look Who’s Here

Ok ladies (maybe gents) look who was at my house this morning.  Oh yeah – hubba hubba!! 

 

DSC01628

That’s right, I had my first taste of Mr. Robb and let me tell you, he blew away the competition. I was sent 3 flavors – Strawberry, Chocolate & Vanilla. I went right for the vanilla as I have read so many great reviews of it. 

I made the usual oaty mix – 1/2 cup oatmeal mixed with 1 1/2 cups water and the Jay Robb Rice Protein packet. I cooked it on the stove until it was to my liking – thick and creamy.  I then added pumpkin and 1/3 a banana. I left out the usual heaping dose of cinnamon.   I really wanted to be able to taste the vanilla without the flavor being overly masked. 

 

DSC01626

 

To the top I added the rest of the banana and a swirl of peanut butter.

Well the first taste was surprising – SWEET – that is something the other protein powder is missing.  I was not sure how I would like the taste of stevia but it actually started to grow on me with each bite.  I was loving this “dessert” for breakfast.  I would definitely buy this Vanilla over the competition any day.  I can’t wait to try the other 2 flavors.  Thanks Jay Robb for making my morning a little bit sweeter.  You can come over anytime.  I actually do not know how I am going to be able to eat the rest of the this stuff when I have tasted what true delight is. 

 

DSC01625

 

D and I had our weekly babysitting shift at the gym this morning. Good thing I had such a filling breakfast – the kiddies really worked the sitters to the bone today.  I did not even need to have a snack when I busted out of there.  I did start to get hungry around 11:30 so I just made lunch a tad earlier than usual. 

I had a the rest of my Nutritional Yeast Veggies with spinach and homemade hummus.  For some crispy crunchers I had 365 brand Veggie Chips and 2 rice cakes with a piece of melted Swiss cheese. 

 

DSC01630 DSC01631

 

I ended lunch with an apple and Once Again Sunflower seed butter.

 

 

DSC01634

We will be leaving to go to D’s appointment in a little while.  Charlie is coming home early so that we all can attend.  Honestly, I am so glad that he is coming – I am feeling really nervous.  I will let you know how things go. 

Enjoy the rest of your day.

4 comments:

Mackenzie said...

I didn't know where to leave the comment, but I just read your nutri. yeast veggie post. That is an absolutely fantastic idea! Thank you so much! I actually only care for red peppers out of the particular veggies you used; do you think doing the same with just red peppers would be too strong? What other veggies might you recommend trying it with? Thanks again! Hope D's tum tum feels better soon.

Erica said...

Jay Robb IS the best protein powder available! I just love the flavor. I hope D is ok and that they can figure out what is going on with his tummy. Please let us know how the appointment goes.

polly said...

hi sweetie. Praying for D. So happy Charlie is going, too. XOXO Can't wait to hear how it goes. Love you bunches. So glad you and Mr. Robb had a yummy breakfast. :)

K from ksgoodeats said...

Uh oh! Mr. Sexy Hot has invaded your house too? Glad you liked it!! I hope everything went well with D!