Monday, May 18, 2009

It was the Finale

I was up way past my bed time last night.  The 2 hour season finale of Desperate Housewives kept me up until 11. Once I was in bed I had a hard time falling asleep so I think that it was close to midnight before I drifted off. 

I decided to stay in bed this morning and did get a to sleep until 6.  D kept bugging me for food so rather that make him starve, I got up and gave him some breakfast.  Once my feet hit the ground my tummy started talking too. 

Today I made my usual oatmeal base -

1/2 cup Oats cooked with lots of water

1 tablespoon Chocolate Rice Protein powder

cinnamon

canned Squash (a big scoop – maybe 1/3 cup)

 

DSC01397

I topped it with a banana and some very runny Sunflower Seed butter.  It was a new jar so it flowed off the knife nicely.

 

DSC01399 DSC01398

 

We are heading to the gym in a little while. D can play with his buddies while I get the blood flowing.  I hope you have a great day.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Gorgeous bfast as per usual! Hope you get in a great workout!

polly said...

Happy Monday, my sweet Sammie. Hope you and D had a great visit to the gym! I must try pumpkin oats! Be sure to stop by today, I mentioned a very precious friend. :) XOXO

HeatherBakes said...

Haha- I like the "rather than make him starve, I gave him some breakfast." Too funny. Hope you two have fun at the gym! I'm headed there, too...

polly said...

hello lovie, I talked a bit about GI stuff in my comment back to you. Love you, sweet friend!

And HUGE HUGS to little D, mr. Muffin cup. XOXO