Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It is Warming Up

Today the sun is shining - we are supposed to get into the high 70’s and tomorrow the 80’s – oh ya baby!!!  I love the Summer and it is only a few weeks away.  I can’t wait to take D to the beach. 

For breakfast I made the usual – 1/2 cup oatmeal cooked with water, 1 tablespoon Chocolate Rice Protein, cinnamon, canned squash (I like the pumpkin much better), banana, Sunbutter and Coconut Butter.

 

DSC01450

We had our weekly babysitting shift this morning. It was crazy busy and VERY loud. My ears hurt and I have a headache but at least the kiddies have fun playing while their mom’s get in a little much needed “me” time. 

I snacked on a Nature’s Place bar when we left.

 

DSC01454

Lunch was a salad that contained lettuce, shredded cabbage, cucumber, broccoli, salsa, hummus and cottage cheese. I also had 2 rice cakes with a piece of melted Swiss cheese.  I really don’t know what I would do if I could not eat dairy – I love it.

 

DSC01456 DSC01458

 

Dessert – 3 fabulous chocolate covered dates and a piece of chocolate covered pineapple.

 

DSC01459

Time to take advantage of this beautiful day. Seeing the sun always puts me in a happy mood.  I hope you are having wonderful weather where ever you are.

3 comments:

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Sammie,
It's so nice that we are finally both having nice weather. I felt like you got soooo much snow up north this year, and all it did in Nashville was rain. Yuck! So happy for some warm sunshine myself.

Your breakfast sounds delicious as did your lunch...and dessert. Love your eats. :)

Have a wonderful day my friend.

seesaraheat said...

We are finally having some warm temps and sun here in KY after too much rain the past few weeks. Sunshine is the best :)

Have a great day!

K from ksgoodeats said...

Chocolate covered pineapple sounds amazing!! Usually you get weather that we had so be prepared for some high temps in the upcoming days! It's almost HOT here ;)