Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Did Good this Afternoon

D enjoyed his painting this morning – I love that it is mess free. He said this was a picture of Snorks. We just started getting the Boomerang Channel which plays all the oldie but goodie cartoons.  D is a fan of the Snorks and the Smurfs. 

 

paint

I snacked on 2 rice cakes with melted Swiss cheese.

 

DSC01490

Then I got to work in my kitchen.  I made Acai Berry Jam from a recipe that I found on Navitas Naturals website.  I used 1/2 a cup of POM Wonderful instead of apple juice and I used less than a tablespoon of agave in place of the maple syrup. 

Here it is before the Chai seeds absorbed the juice. 

 

DSC01492 DSC01493

 

And the end product with the Acai Powder, agave and lemon juice mixed in. 

 

DSC01494 DSC01495

 

For lunch today I made one of the yummiest salads I have ever had.  Last week I saw this recipe on Jenna’s site and I knew that I had to try it.  I left out the red onion because I did not have any and it still turned out fabulous. I ate my Lemon Scented Quinoa Salad on a bed of lettuce and veggies (red pepper, orange pepper, zucchini & yellow squash) that I marinated in cumin, coriander, turmeric and cinnamon.  I actually have a massive bowl of chopped seasoned veggies that I can now toss into my salads – trust me they are delicious!  I had a few TJ’s Blue Corn Tortilla chips for some crunchers. 

 

DSC01498 

I also topped some plain Greek yogurt with my Acai POM Jam.  It turned out awesome and I love the little pop from the chai seeds.  I did good this afternoon making these 2 recipes. They both are winners.  I have left over Quinoa Salad so you will be seeing it again.

 

DSC01499 

For dessert I had one chocolate covered date. 

 

DSC01500

We are now hanging out at my sis’s house.  It is so hot outside – I am so happy to be super warm. 

Tonight I have an Arbonne Party to go to at my friends house so I might not be posting later. 

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

4 comments:

polly said...

D = heart smoosh. Love him!

Yay chia seeds! Never tried them but you are so creative sweetie. Have a fun night. XOXO

K from ksgoodeats said...

Did you just marinate the veggies or did you cook them as well? They sound awesome!

Ahhh the Smurfs! The good old days ;)

Sammie said...

K,
They are raw

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

Amazing recipes! I love quinoa!

Have a great weekend!