Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hot Bod in a Box

Last night Charlie had a bachelor party to attend so D and I hit up the book store for a little evening excursion.  I also had a 40% off coupon that was burning a whole in my pocket. 

You all know how much I enjoy Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred video – I love her kick butt attitude. So when I spotted Hot Bod in a Box I had to buy it.  It contains 78 different exercises and 9 Workout Circuit Training cards.  Each exercise has full details on how to perform it – some even have pictures of her doing the move. 

 

DSC01557

After I put D to bed last night I went through the entire box educating myself on her famous moves.  I was so excited going through it – I wanted to get to work right then. I resisted the urge and crawled into bed and got a good nights rest so that I could head to the gym with a new workout in hand. 

I chose the Circuit Training Workout #4. Each workout consist of 5 different circuits that have 3 or 4 different exercises.  You can go through each circuit once or she suggests for a challenge do it twice.  The circuits end with 1 minute of cardio if there is not a cardio move incorporated in that circuit – like butt kicks or step ups.  If you go through the circuit twice you only do the cardio at the end once unless the cardio is part of the circuit – again, butt kicks & step ups (these are not the only cardio moves – just the ones that I did today). I hope that all made sense. 

I loved the Circuit Training Workout – I am always up for a challenge. This was the closest thing that I will get to having a personal trainer and for $14.99 not a bad deal.  I would love to have Jillian personally kick my butt on a weekly basis but that is just not going to happen.  Also a personal trainer fee is not in my budget at the moment – I want D to go to college someday. 

After the Circuit Training she suggest doing cardio. I did 20 minutes on the Step Mill and 20 minutes on the Elliptical w/moving handles.  My workout this morning was AMAZING!!  I left the gym feeling like I really did challenge myself today. 

Since my gym does not open until 7  AM on Sunday, I ended up eating breakfast much later than I usually do. I did eat an Enjoy Life GF bar before I headed out – I needed something in my tummy.  By the time I got home and showered it was after 9 – yikes! 

I made a delicious and hearty bowl of Oatmeal – I am sure you could have guessed that.

 

DSC01554

I had to duplicate yesterday’s bowl since it was so good, only I added 1/2 a cup of canned pumpkin to the oatmeal base. 

You can see that it is not as warm in my house today – the coconut butter was not flowing off the knife.  It still tasted divine.

 

DSC01555

As was the sunflower seed butter. I bought my favorite brand at Whole Foods yesterday.  My hubs prefers SunButter since it is much sweeter.  I prefer the less sweeter variety that tastes more like the seeds. 

Another winner breakfast that filled my tummy and pleased my tastebuds.

 

DSC01556

 

I am not sure what is on the agenda today.  We might go to a cookout but that all depends on the weather.  I hope you all have a great Sunday.  Hooray for an extra day with my hubs – I love long weekends. 

6 comments:

K from ksgoodeats said...

Wow! That sounds like a great DVD workout! Glad you enjoyed it!!

Hope the weather holds out for you guys! Have a great Sunday :)

polly said...

yay for long weekend with our honeys! WOW girl, that workout sounds awesome! We are such soul sisters... I would be scared of Jillian. I would be off making you two a smoothie and ready for yoga after your butt kicking. :)

Love you, long distance bff!

Have a happy day. We are enjoying this sweet day so much. Lots of pictures to come late tonight. XOXO

Helena said...

I'm so impressed by all your morning workouts, I wish I had your motivation. However, it would be hard for me because my little man wakes up between 5-5.30. Oh well, maybe when he's a bit older.

Have you always been able to do morning workouts?

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

That looks like a great buy!! I always get super excited when I read through the new materials too! You will definitely have to let us know how good it is and whether its worth buying. :-)

Sammie said...

Helena,
Yes, I have worked out at 5 AM for 10 years now. WOW, that makes me feel old :)
I am very lucky to have a boy that sleeps late and a husband that is home in the AM to take care of him.

Tanya said...

Love that Jillian. She's the reason I can tolerate DVD workouts.