Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Frozen Yogurt

This afternoon D and I went to the park. I was able to understand every word he said. He kept telling me how happy he was that my ear was all better.

When we got home it was snack time.  I can skip one but definitely not 2.  I had Greek yogurt with cinnamon and a Mrs. May’s bar.

 

DSC01267 DSC01268

 

For dinner I had more of my favorite veggies, hummus and cottage cheese. Can you guess what is missing from the salad? Salsa – I went without it this time and it was still fabulous.  I also had 2 Corn Thins with turkey and Swiss cheese.

 

DSC01269 DSC01271

 

For dessert I made frozen yogurt with my Vita-Mix.  I combined plain Greek yogurt, Stoneyfield Farms Vanilla yogurt and a frozen tropical fruit blend (pineapple, mango and papaya) in the blender and let it rip.  I poured the contents into a bowl and stuck it back in the freezer for about 15 minutes.  If I had more patience I bet this would have set up really nicely – but I am kind of lacking that characteristic.  It was yummy.

 

DSC01273

I hope that you all had a great day.  I am really looking forward to getting some sleep tonight. Time to go relax.

3 comments:

Erica said...

homemade froyo? so jealous ;)

K from ksgoodeats said...

That Fro-Yo sounds fantastic!! Nice job!

Lindsay said...

Your own frozen yogurt! And probably my favorite flavors in there too...I wonder if my "normal" blender could do that?? Hmmmmmm.....