Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Flavor of My Daydreams

Good morning friends.  I am currently sipping on my second cup of tea (decaf of course – too much caffeine makes me shaky).  It is a cool day here in MA so a nice warm cup of tea or two is just what my chilly body needs.

I ventured to the gym this morning. I was unsure what the weather was going to be like this morning.  There is rain in the forecast and I was not in the mood for another soggy run. 

As I was on the treadmill, zoning out and enjoying my 7 mile run, the flavor of coconut kept entering my mind. I then started to daydream about my perfect bowl of goodness that I would make for breakfast this morning.  After hitting the weight room and lots of stretches (using the foam roller), I headed home to make my creation.  Well I took a much needed shower before actually making breakfast. 

This bowl was filled to the brim with all things delicious. 

DSC01078

I started by cooking a batch of stovetop oats – oh so fluffy and creamy, like cake batter.  After the oats were cooked I started doing some layering. First came Organic Shredded Unsweetened Coconut, then a dollop of Plain Greek Yogurt – they are under there somewhere. 

 

DSC01081 DSC01080

 

I then added chunks of banana around the edge of the bowl, 2 crumbled Chocolate Cashew Cupola Clouds and a little more coconut over the top.

 

DSC01082 DSC01083

 

Every bite had so much flavor and texture – so delicious!!!  This was definitely the oatmeal bowl of my daydreams. 

Today is family dentist day.  It is actually D’s very first appointment. I am going to be the cheesy mommy taking pictures of him in the dentist chair. 

I hope you all have a great day. 

4 comments:

polly said...

take ALL the pictures you want, my sweet friend. Sammie = awesome mommy. LOVE that bowl of yumminess. The flavor of the day is LOVE! :) XOXO

Erica said...

YUM- how good does that look? Again, I think its those chunks of banana that really do it for me! Have fun at the dentist! Make sure you post a pic of D for us

Mariposa said...

yay!!!! the first dentist appointment! i remember the peanuts- it was a so funny! have a good time!

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

Looks heavenly!! I LOVE coconut!

Great run! 7 miles is awesome!