Tuesday, May 5, 2009

D’s at the Dentist

Today D had a fantastic appointment at the dentist. He was so well behaved and patient while Daddy and Mommy had their cleanings.  When the time came for his turn in the chair he hopped up without a fuss. Of course I went a little photo crazy so I will share the experience with you.  These are not even all of them.  I have always been the type of Mommy to take loads of pictures of all his “firsts” – hey it is the only way that I will ever be able to relive them. 

Sit back and enjoy the show :)

He got a pair of cool shades so that the Hygienist's light would not hurt his eyes while he tried to watch Scooby Doo on the TV – now that is pretty good service.

dentist1

dentist2

 

She explained all her tools that she was going to be using to clean his teeth. He told her that he was going to be a dentist when he grows up – it is either that or a Jedi.

 

dentist3

dentist4

dentist5

dentist6

dentist7

 

Time for a rinse.

 

dentist8

She even flossed for him.  That is something that we are going to add into his nightly routine. I wasn’t sure if he was old enough but today we got the “go ahead” on it. I am all about teaching proper oral hygiene at a young age.

 

dentist9

 

He was such a trooper during the fluoride treatment. It helped that Tom & Jerry came on TV. 

 

dentist11

dentist12

 

Time to get serious the Dentist is in the house. 

 

dentist13

dentist14

He got a two thumbs up on his pearly whites.  He told the Dentist that he would come back again.  I think his first cleaning went really well.

Watching him today made me a little sad that he is growing up so fast.  I remember bringing him to my dentist appointments in a little carrier and he would sleep the entire time. 

Now that we are home, he is complaining of an upset belly.  I have him set up in the living room with a pillow and blanket.  I think that he might just be over tired. He didn’t go to sleep until after 9 last night – he kept getting out of his bed.  I am thinking about snuggling up with my little sweet tart – this Mama could use a little down time. 

Enjoy your day.

5 comments:

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

What a brave little monkey! We haven't gone down that road yet, I think that the laying back with a light in your face, and a doctor coming at you with instruments will bring back the trauma of the peanut in the nose incident.

Your comment was so sweet this morning. Mimi was here and I read it aloud to her. We both went, "Awwwww!" So thank you, Mama Sistah Friend.

polly said...

ooooh I loved this post. Abbi used to be so scared of the dentist, now is a big girl happy to go and momma sits in the waiting room for her. ....makes me kinda sad.

Love you and your little monkey!! XOXO

elise said...

awwwww. i just found your blog! D is so adorable and it sounds like you guys have such a special bond. cant wait to keep reading.

K from ksgoodeats said...

Haha I laughed at the fact that he told the dentist he would come back. D is so precious!!

Meghann said...

such a cute post

Congrat to D and his first teeth cleaning :)