Friday, May 8, 2009

Don’t Eat Fast

It is never a good thing to eat fast but sometimes that is just what Mommy has to do. 

Let me recap the day for you – it has been another busy one.

My AM snack was this delicious gem and then we headed to my sis’s house.

 DSC01198

 

The boys played so well today and I got to hang with my sis and help her out with some things that she was working on. 

I packed a salad (lettuce, grapes, cottage cheese, almonds – no dressing & it was delish) and a Swiss cheese sandwich on Gluten Free bread for lunch.

 

DSC01190 DSC01192

 

We packed up the little monkeys and took them to watch my niece sing at her school concert.  She did great and looked so beautiful up there on stage.  I held it together and did not cry.

 

sing sing2

 

All the kids did a fantastic job. It was really entertaining. D enjoyed the music and did a little chair dancing.

 

sing3

 

After the concert I ate this bar that I packed for a snack – it was yummy.  This is probably one of my favorite Nature’s Place bars – I bought it at Hannaford in case you feel the need to go get one. I’m going to get some more :) 

 

DSC01197

I ended up giving D dinner at my sis’s house and then we headed home.  We walked in the door just after 6 and boy was I ready to eat my arm off.  D was tired but I really needed to bathe the little pigpen.  I gently tossed him in the shower (kidding) and let him play for a few minutes while I crammed 1/2 of my dinner in my face.  I know eating quickly is so bad for you but I really had no choice.  Daddy is out with his friends tonight so it was ALL up to mama this evening.  I dried the little critter off (I soaped him up and washed off the grime at some point between bites – of my salad not him).  After he was in his PJ’s I ate the rest of my dinner – of course it was speedy, ugh! 

Dinner was a salad (lettuce, coleslaw mix, broccoli, salsa, hummus, cottage cheese) and some Rice Crackers for some dippers. 

 

DSC01205 DSC01206

 

I read my sweet tart a bed time story and tucked him in.  I then got around to tending to my poor dog – thankfully the hubs stopped at home on his way up to meet his buddies and let Otto out for a tinkle. I also managed to get some laundry folded, another load in the washer and one into the drier. I am a busy girl. When I am not home ALL day the stuff just piles up and this is the best time to get caught up.

So that my friends was my day.  I am not sure what I am going to do for the rest of the night.  The TV is all mine so maybe I will watch something girlie – if I don’t fall asleep first. 

I hope you all had a great day.  See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

carolinebee said...

FUN but busy day wow!! I hate eating fast too but sometimes it's the only way! That is my fave larabar flavor, tastes just like the pie :D

ttfn300 said...

LOVE that salad :) i'm going to have to make that myself! sounds like a great day, complete with sunny skies!

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

I'm tired just reading about your day! I hope you get a little R&R this weekend.

K from ksgoodeats said...

What a busy day!! It sounds like your niece did a great job :)

I love the salads you come up with! They always make me hungry!! Hope you got some girlie TV in and lots of rest!