Monday, May 4, 2009

D Meets Bloggers

Last night I attended a Boston Blogger Dinner at PF Chang’s in Boston.  I was too wimpy to drive in alone or take the train solo so my lovely hubs drove me.  He and D went to dinner at Summer Shack and I met up with the bloggers.  Besides, PF Chang’s is not D’s cup of tea. 

I ordered the Buddha's Feast – sans tofu. I am really not sure why they would consider this a feast.  This was the only thing the waitress could recommend that did not contain gluten or soy.  The company definitely made up for the lack of sustenance. 

DSC01055

After Charlie and D finished their dinner they headed over to PF Chang’s and D got to meet the bloggers. 

 

bloggers

The ladies in attendance were Ileana, Tina, Sabrina, Elina, me and Shannon.  They all are such a friendly group and I am really happy that they got to meet my little sweet tart.  After all, he is such a huge contributor to my blog. 

 

blogger2

This morning I was up at the usual hour of 4 AM – why it is so easy for me to rise this early is beyond me.  I went to the gym for a workout as I was not planning on running again today.  I did the Step Mill and the Elliptical for a combined 60 minutes of cardio.  It was then time for weights which I was really looking forward too after not doing any the last few days. 

Breakfast this morning was of course oatmeal – sorry to be such a bore in the AM but this does my body good.

DSC01059

I cooked up a batch of oats on the stove, tossed on a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, a generous dusting of cinnamon, a banana and a drizzle of raw almond butter. I swear there is oatmeal under all that  goodness.

 

DSC01061 DSC01060

Wow – where did the morning go? I can’t believe it is already past 9:30.  D and I have some errands to run today. Other than that I am not really sure what we will be doing. Right now he is waiting for me to finish what I am doing. He wants me to play Star Wars with him and his new Lego characters who have to come everywhere with us. 

I hope you all have a Happy Monday.

9 comments:

Erica said...

What a fun meet up!!! So cute that D got to be a part of it too. I think its wonderful that you're able to get up so early and get in your workouts!

GreenDogWine said...

How fun! I'm totally jealous all the girls got to meet D :) Looks like a great time (sorry to food was so so!)

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

4am wake up??! ouch!! It must still be dark then!

Breakfast looks so good!

Elina said...

Last night was fun. I'm glad we got to meet D at the end and your husband is a sweetheart as well. Great photography skills (double fisting 2 cameras takes mad skills ;) )!

Meghann said...

Looks like a great meet up and no neat that D could be part of it as well! :)

K from ksgoodeats said...

How fun!! D is adorable! That's cool that he got to meet all of the bloggers as well :)

Have a great Monday!

janetha said...

yum to your breakfast!

HeatherBakes said...

Fun dinner! And D looks so cute with all the girls :)

Lele said...

Sammie,

It was great to meet you too! Your son is such a little cutie pie! I'm looking forward to catching up on your blog!