Saturday, May 23, 2009

Can I pick a new Favorite?

This mornings breakfast has to be my favorite combination that I have come up with thus far (there have been many as you all have witnessed).  I really need the sweetness from the banana in my oats since the Chocolate Rice Protein powder that I have at the moment is a little on the chalky side.  I always mash in 1/3 of the banana into the cooked oats and then top the bowl with the remainder. That being said, all my oaty bowls contain bananas.  Today I added another star ingredient – fresh strawberries.  Look at the gooey Raw Coconut Butter dripping off the fruit – it was heavenly.  That just goes to show you how warm it is in my house this morning – I did not heat this stuff up, that was straight from the warm jar. 

 

DSC01549 

I cooked up my usual oatmeal base (1/2 cup oats + water + rice protein - cooked on the stove). I then added lots of cinnamon – another must have ingredient.  After it was cooked I mashed in 1/3 of the banana and scooped the creamy delight into my new funky monkey bowl.  Then the toppings went on – strawberries, banana, sunbutter and coconut butter.

 

DSC01548 DSC01550

Honestly, every bite was amazing.  It was full of flavor and texture – all things yummy in my book. 

I started my day early today with a run out in the great outdoors.  I spotted 3 beautiful deer.  One of the great perks of running outside is that I get to enjoy the lovely sites and sounds of nature.

We are off to take D to karate.  I hope you all have an great Saturday. 

4 comments:

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

gad your breakfast looks awesome!

K from ksgoodeats said...

That breakfast does indeed look incredible!! YUM!

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

That is an amazing looking breakfast!! Great combination!

Helena said...

That breakfast looks delicious! And I always love your salad combos.

Hope you will find the source of D's tummy problems, that can't be easy.

Have a good weekend!

Helena