Friday, May 8, 2009

A Bowl Fit for a Runner

It is a good morning here indeed.  The sun is shining, I was able to run 9 miles outside and I had a bowl of deliciousness that was fit for a runner.  

Now doesn’t that look tummy yummy?  It was so good I can’t get over it. 

 

DSC01187

 

I cooked up some fluffy stovetop oats and added a scoop of Chocolate Rice Protein powder during the process.  I had to add lots of extra water – this stuff was thick.  Into the pot went a big scoop of pumpkin and lots of cinnamon – chocolate + pumpkin + cinnamon = yummy.

I poured my heaping masterpiece into my bowl – I thought it was going to overflow.  On top went banana chunks and a drizzle of raw almond butter.  This is Trader Joe’s brand and even thought I keep in the fridge it flows so beautifully off the knife.

 

DSC01189 DSC01188

 

Another Oatmeal concoction that got this Mommy’s day off to a good start. 

Time to reveal the winners of the Erewhon Cereal Giveaway.

Drum Roll Please ---------

Maddy

AND

sugayaya

Congrats!!!!

Please e-mail me your full name and mailing address at samantha.otoole@ verizon.net so that you can get your loot. 

D and I are heading to my sis’s house again today.  The boys have already talked on the phone and have plans for how they are going to spend their time together.  My niece is singing in a concert at her school so D and I will be going to that later on this afternoon.  She has a solo. I am not sure if it is a whole song or just a few lines.  I will probably cry – I am such a softy. 

Hooray for Friday!! Do you have anything exciting planned for the weekend? Like celebrating your mama. I hope you all have a great day.

7 comments:

Erica said...

mmm looks awesome! Happy early Mama's Day to you! You are one awesome mama!

Congrats to the winners!

I am SO excited for the weekend! I have to teach tonight/tomorrow morning, dinner with friends tomorrow night, and lunch with my Mom on Sunday!

polly said...

That bowl looks AMAZING. Just like the sweet runner who ate it. ;) XOXO

Have fun with you sis and go ahead and cry at the solo. XOXO :) I love softies, since I am one!

I was thinking of you today when I was bloggin... my sweet Sammie wonderful mommy.

Mariposa said...

Happy Early Mothers day!!!

I am going to see Beauty and the Beast, my daughter's babysitter is in the play at the HS in our town, so we are going to support our dear Sarah! should be fun!

ttfn300 said...

oh my gosh, that looks so incredible!!

brookesballbuster said...

What a great start to the weekend! The weather is perfect here in New York, I hope this keeps us. Happy Mother's Day momma!!

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

9 Miles?? Awesome!! I love that the weather is better and 9 Mile runs outside are actually a pleasure!

That breakfast DOES look amazing!

Enjoy your evening!

Becky said...

I just started reading your blog and I love it! I am a runner as well and am so motivated by how hardcore you are with your workouts. I am getting back into running farther distances like I did training for a marathon. Do you run marathons? I bet you kick ass.

I also am relieved to see someone who loves plain pumpkin as much as I do. I get the 'you're f-ing crazy' look from my boyfriend when I take spoonful of canned pumpkin and eat it straight.

Have a wonderful weekend!