Thursday, May 7, 2009

Balmy

Today turned into a rather balmy day weather wise.  It finally stopped raining but we were left with some serious humidity.  Every time I went outside my skin instantly felt sticky. 

This morning D was feeling much better so I took him to the bookstore for story hour.  The theme of the day was “Mommy” and they all got to make a craft to give to their mom’s.  I snacked on a Cherry Pie Larabar before we left the house. 

 

DSC01169

 

We ran to The Paper Store on the way home so that I could pick up some cards.

When we got home it was lunch time.  I made Swiss cheesy Rice Cakes, a salad (lettuce, coleslaw mix, zucchini, salsa, hummus & cottage cheese) and I ended lunch with an apple and a dab of PB.

 

DSC01173 DSC01175 DSC01176

 

I had a hair appointment today – just a bang trim. I am trying to let it grow in a little.  We had to run to the grocery store afterward because of course I forgot milk the other day – oops.  The good thing is I bought this yummy bar and had it for a snack when I got home – it was super!! 

 

DSC01178

So before I left for my appointment I put 2 cups Raw Sunflower seeds in a bowl and covered them with water.  I let them soak for a few hours and they plumped up a lot.  I drained the excess liquid and put the seeds in my food processor. I processed them for a while, continuously stopping the machine to scrape down the sides.  I added 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup and blended for a few more minutes.  I probably processed the mix for a total of 10 minutes – maybe more.  It turned out smooth but a tad dry. I am leaving it that way.  I put the fresh “butter” in a bowl and it is in my fridge.  Charlie tried it and he says that he will eat it – I’ll let you know :)

For dinner I made 2 pieces of gluten free Swiss cheesy toast and another salad.  This salad was sooooo good. It had lettuce, strawberries, red grapes, red pepper, chicken, a tbsp Raw Sunflower Seed butter and Maple Grove Farms Strawberry Balsamic dressing. I love a fruity-filled salad.

 

DSC01179 DSC01180

 

I am currently snacking on more grapes and I will eventually get to the Corn Thins & PB.

 DSC01184

 

Tomorrow I am definitely running outside since it will not be raining.  I am really looking forward to it. 

I hope you all had a great day.  I will announce the winner of the cereal contest in the AM.

Good night.

4 comments:

K from ksgoodeats said...

Hooray for no rain tomorrow!! That salad (dinner) certainly does look good!

I need to try my hand at making my own nut butter one of these days!

Lauren @ Team Giles said...

dinner looks amazing!
hope the run was fun, gotta love great weather

Tanya said...

The Larabar Cherry pi flavor is my favorite! I love adding grapes to my salads - never did strawberries, but since I bought a TON at the grocery store today, I'll try it in tomorrows salad. Thanks for the idea.

brookesballbuster said...

Yah for the rain almost being gone! Today was nasty humid. I felt like I could just drink the air....that swiss cheese bread's got me jealous!