Tuesday, May 26, 2009

At least it is Nutritional

Today I have had a little obsession with Nutritional Yeast.  Here is what I concocted. I combined chopped red pepper, zucchini and summer squash. Then I added 6 tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast Flakes to the bowl.  I put the entire mix in the fridge and let it mingle for a few hours.

When it was time to add the veggies to my salad this afternoon, the nutritional yeast and the natural veggie juices had made a sauce.  The mix was so yummy.  It was the perfect addition to the spinach and homemade hummus that I also tossed into the mix. 

 

DSC01614

There was also 2 rice cakes with melted Swiss consumed.

 

DSC01613

I ended with a sweet golden delicious apple and a dollop of Once Again sunflower seed butter.

DSC01616 

Let me back track to the events of the AM.  I called the Mommy that I met at the library last week to see if she and her kiddies had any interest in joining us at story hour. She did in fact go. D and her oldest son enjoyed the stories, craft time and playing at the train table. Her little one is only 10 months so he basically hung by his mama the whole time.  We were there for over 2 hours – nothing beats a free activity. It was nice that we were able to get together. 

We went home, had lunch and then took Otto to the vet.  He got a 2 thumbs up and I got a big fat bill – ouch!  At least my fur baby is all set to go to doggie camp in July.

Once we made it home I needed a snack.  I had plain greek yogurt, an apple and PB.

 

DSC01617

Dinner was more of the Nutritional Yeast Saucy Veggies, lettuce and cottage cheese.

 

DSC01620

I also had a GF Roll topped with PB, Once Again Sunflower seed butter and dates.

 

DSC01618

Dessert was 365 Brand Dark Chocolate.  This bar is dairy free and soy free which means that it is tummy ache and acne free. 

 

DSC01622

So my little man had another tummy ache this evening.  I have not let him have anything with wheat/gluten, dairy or egg and he is still getting sick.  I called his doctor and he is going to see him tomorrow afternoon.  I am really worried about my baby – I just want him back to normal.  I had him relax with a heating pad on his belly for a little while tonight – that always works for me.  He went to bed ok but he said that his belly was still not feeling good.  I really hope that we can get some good info tomorrow or at least some direction.  I will keep you posted on what happens. 

I hope you had a great day.  See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

I'll be praying for little D.

Elina said...

Ooh, the nutritional yeast scares me a bit yet I'm intrigued by that combo and want to try it :) And I may have to try this magic chocolate. My skin has been hating me lately and I'm wondering if it's the chocolate I've been consuming in large quantities.
Hope D's stomachache goes away soon!

carolinebee said...

I never thought nutritional yeast would be something i would want to try- but of course blogging has changed that :D I'm so sorry about D-man, I hope u guys figure it out!

K from ksgoodeats said...

I've been wanting to try nutritional yeast for a while now! I love these concoctions that you can make with it.

I hope D feels better soon - so sorry he's been feeling ill lately :(

HeatherBakes said...

I have a big tub of nutritional yeast in the pantry and no idea what to do with it.

I hope D feels better soon! Keep us posted...