Wednesday, May 13, 2009

All this Yummy Food

I must say that I have had some rather delicious eats so far today.

I started my day with the best bowl of Pumpkin Oats – love the raw almond butter ribbon.

 

DSC01274 DSC01276

 

After babysitting I snacked on a Banana Bread Larabar.  If I was fed this with my eyes closed I would swear that I was indeed eating a slice of heavenly banana bread. 

 

DSC01280

Lunch was a salad – lettuce, shredded cabbage, red pepper, zucchini, chic peas, salsa and cottage cheese. I had 2 brown rice cakes for some crunch. 

 

DSC01281 DSC01283

 

I ended with a little dessert that I whipped up last night.  After seeing Abbie make Raw Snickers, I had to try it out.  I stuffed mine with raw cashews so that my hubs can try one (if I am willing to spare one that is) – he is allergic to macadamia nuts.  These things are AMAZING!!!!  I did not add as much Agave as she did (I had less than a TBSP left in the bottle) and they still came out delicious.  They are bitter and sweet with a crunchy surprise in the middle.

 

DSC01285 DSC01287

 

So you can see that I have enjoyed lots of tasty food today.  Now I am off to do a few things around the house and then get out and enjoy the beautiful weather with my sweet tart.  I hope you have a great afternoon.

4 comments:

Sarah (lovINmytummy) said...

I agree, your day looks DELICIOUS!

I'm glad its sunny where you are, it is pretty dreary here :(

FoodsThatFit said...

So glad you tried the "snickers" Sammie!! It's a great snack and perfect that you can swap out any nut and it still tastes great! Have a great day!

K from ksgoodeats said...

Yum to the raw snickers!! Those sound fantastic! I need to try the banana Lara out for myself - I've heard wonderful things!!

justine said...

Hey I just made these to after seeing them on Abbies blog.hahaha I used peanuts though and my hubby said they tasted just like Almond Joys so next time I guess I will stuff them with almonds.

~Justine