Friday, April 24, 2009

Worth the Dirty Pot

Happy Friday!!!  What a gorgeous day it is already.  The weather is supposed to be lovely today and I plan to take full advantage of it. 

I was up and out the door early for a run in the great outdoors. It turned out to be a little chillier than I thought and I was wishing that I had worn gloves and a hat.  I managed to do a 7.5 mile loop in exactly 60 minutes.  I did a ton of stretches before and after.  I was having some aches in my left hamstring but I am happy to report that all the TLC I have been giving my muscles these past few weeks has paid off – the pain is gone.  I just have to remember how important it is for me to take the time to stretch and use my foam roller.  Another piece of gear I am thinking about is The StickAnyone have any experience with it?  Is it worth buying?  I saw it at the Expo on Sunday but the booth was packed so I did not stop to get info on it. I am kicking myself for passing that opportunity now.

This morning I ventured down the road of stovetop oats.  I usually take the easy route and use my microwave.  I only use one bowl and my oatmeal always comes out super creamy. Well let me tell you, the stovetop method – WAAAAAAY BETTER!!!  I can not believe how fluffy my oatmeal was today. The chewiness factor was a little compromised but that could mean that I don’t have to cook the oatmeal as long as I did.  It was totally worth the dirty pot. 

I topped my oatmeal with a banana – keeping it simple today. 

DSC00812

The spoons that I use have an extra long handle.  They were from a super cheepo set that we bought ages ago.  I like that the spoon part is small – the handle is a little ridiculous. 

 

DSC00810 

I also had a small bowl of plain Greek yogurt – gotta get a little extra protein in there.  It looks so shiny because I drizzled on a little honey.  I love that combo.

 

DSC00813

Today I am meeting up with my sis and we are going to take the boys out for some fun. We were thinking the Zoo because my nephew has been asking to go.  I am sure that D will have a ball hanging with his favorite buddy on this beautiful day.

Do you have anything exciting planned this weekend?  My sis & I are meeting up with an old friend tomorrow and the 3 of us are going hiking.  We have not seen her in ages and we have been friends since before I could walk. I am serious, I think I met her by crawling into her yard one day. My Nana and her Nana became the best of friends (they were actually neighbors).  It will be nice to have a girls day out and catch up on what has been happening in our lives.

Time to get my butt in gear.  Have a great day.

7 comments:

Erica said...

WOW! Great job on the run. I'm so jealous of your speed :) I haven't tried the stick- if you end up getting one- let us know how it is! Great bfast. I just think the amount of protein in greek yogurt is fabulous! Enjoy your time with your sis today and the hike this weekend! I have to teach class tonight and tomorrow morning and other than that??? Weekend is pretty open!

VeggieGirl said...

Faaaabulous run and breakfast!! As always :-)

Never used "The Stick."


Have a lovely day with the family!!

polly said...

hi sweet girl!!!

I love the stovetop method. I mess up my pot everyday cooking it, but so worth it. Miss you, my friend! Hope you are enjoying this sweet day. Supposed to be in the *80's all weekend!! woohoo!!!

Hoping to play outside this weekend! XOXO

Lindsay said...

That's an iced tea spoon! The oatmeal looks scrumptious.

Michelle said...

Hi Sammie,

I have (and use) both the foam roller and "The Stick". I really like both of them because they seem to work differently, yet it's the same concept, I guess. You'll see what I mean when you try it and feel the difference.

Anyways, The Stick is a bit more portable, so that's a plus. My opinion is to get one if you can . . . it's a nice addition to your TLC routine.

K from ksgoodeats said...

We used to have long spoons as well! Haha they always cracked me up because the handle part was massive!

Glad you like the stove top method! I've never had any sort of oats from the stove (I'm a packet girl ;) )

Laura E said...

Hello! I was just catching up on my blog reading because I was out of town for a few days. I saw you tried the PB&Co Mighty Maple and wanted to say that I've never tried ANY of their products!! I can't find them, but see them all the time on blog! Have a great weekend :)