Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Winner

Happy Tuesday!! I can’t believe what a gorgeous morning we are having.  The heat is on today – I can already tell the difference in temp from earlier when I was out running.

The sun was already up when I ventured out. I did a nice 7.5 mile loop and the whole time I was feeling nothing but thankfulness. I was happy to be running, to have the family that I was blessed with and of course all of you. This blog has become a  big part of my life especially because of the acquaintances that I have made.  It is the simple things in life that make this Mommy smile. 

Speaking of smile – this bowl put a big old grin on this girlie today.  It was delicious, creamy and filling. 

DSC00938

 

I did the famous stovetop method today.  I cooked rice protein into the oats again –I  love how it adds that little extra bulk to the oatmeal (which I then feel in my tummy). I also stirred in some cinnamon during the cooking process. I topped it off with a banana and a few dabs of Mighty Maple PB.  This stuff is so yummy. It started to melt into the oats from the heat – oh boy it was stellar. 

 

DSC00940 DSC00939

 

Are you ready for the winner of the PB & Co. giveaway?

Everyone went into the pool and D pulled out ----------

 

DSC00937

Dr. Mom –  her favorite way to eat PB

“I love plain greek yogurt topped with honey, peanut butter, apricot jam, wheat germ and ground flax seed!”

Please e-mail your name and address to samantha.otoole@verizon.net so I can send you your loot. 

Thanks to all who participated.  This was so much fun – there will be more like this for sure.  Due to the response I will have to give away more PB – as it seems like everyone wants to try this delicious stuff.

I must go get that handsome son of mine dressed so we can go to story hour.  Today is going to be one of those days where I will want to be outside but not sure how long I will last in the hot hot sun – it is supposed to be 90 – yowza!! I can always go chill in my air conditioned truck – D does have a DVD player in there.  I hope you have a great day. 

8 comments:

Erica said...

Congrats to the winner!!!! Lucky duck ;) Your breakfast looks so good- I love the way you cut the banana into little chunks.

Meghann said...

Congrats to Dr. Mom!!

polly said...

yay for Dr. Mom!! and Sammie, you are so sweet. I would love to make you some oatbran while we chat away. :)

Love you, sweetie. XOXO

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

That breakfast looks fabulous! Bananas in anything just make it so much better! :-)

K from ksgoodeats said...

That bowl looks so pillowy and delicious! Congrats to the winner!!

greendogwine said...

LOL - D looks VERY serious here - he obviously knew how important his task was :)

My Year Without said...

Hi! I found your blog as I looked around the US Mills Cereals website, recipes. Very cool.

Love the pictures here and the great ideas. It's inspiring to hear about your running, as I am just in the beginning stages of training.

Thanks!

DrMom said...

Thanks Sammie and everyone! You are so sweet, Sammie! You have made my day!