Thursday, April 9, 2009

What was the Difference?

Even though yesterday’s bowl of soaked oats was super delicious, I wanted to see if the over night soak would result in a creamier consistency.  I have done the over night thing in the past but since the 20 minute soak was still something that I could recall (mommyhood tends to lessen that ability), I thought that the taste test would be a fine idea.  In the bowl last night I combined 3/4 cup oatmeal, 1/2 a cup Vanilla Almond milk and 1/4 cup water.  When I took it out of the fridge this morning all the liquid was absorbed and the oats did seem extra creamy.

DSC00339 DSC00343

 

I added the same combo of yogurt as yesterday – plain Greek and Vanilla – then went on the banana.

 

DSC00341 DSC00342

The verdict: The oats were indeed MUCH creamier and much more moist.  I don’t have a preference over the two, they both were delicious.  I’m just happy to have started the day with a yummy bowl of creamy goodness. 

It being Thursday D and I heading out.  Can you guess where we are going?  This has become part of our routine the past few weeks.  I’ll reveal the fun later. 

Have a great day. 

5 comments:

Alison said...

Question re: overnight oats...Do you microwave the oats in the morning? For how long? This may seem like a stupid question since everyone heats up oatmeal, but I actually kind of like cold oatmeal sometimes. I'm very weird. Just wondering how you make it.

VeggieGirl said...

Glad it was better this time around!! Looks delish.

Have fun with D today!!

Sammie said...

Alison,
I did not cook the oatmeal. The oats are pretty soft from soaking up the liquid and I ate it cold. It is delicious.

K from ksgoodeats said...

Overnight oats are so good for the summer/warmer temps! Have a great day :)

Alison said...

Sammie -

Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one who eats cold oatmeal. I get a lot of strange looks.