Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Vanilla Oats

Happy Wednesday!!!  Are you having a good day? Our day has been nonstop so far but that is how Wednesday’s are around here.

I slept in a little today – 5 o’clock instead of 4:15.  Since it was going to be nice out this morning – by that I mean not raining – it was still a bit chilly, so I decided to go for a run outdoors.  I did a nice 7.5 mile loop and then went inside to do some yoga stretches. 

I changed it up a little for breakfast this morning.  I was going to cook my oatmeal with 1/2 a cup of Pacific Natural Foods Vanilla Almond milk but after letting the 3/4 cup of oats sit in the 1/2 cup liquid for about 20 minutes the oats were rather moist.  I left them as is and moved the mass to one side of the bowl.  I put 3 oz of plain Greek yogurt and 1 oz of low fat Vanilla yogurt on the other side of the bowl.  I topped the whole thing with a banana and a few peanuts.  The vanilla almond milk really made the oats super creamy.  I don’t have to plan ahead to make soaked oats after all. 

 

DSC00311

 

D and I headed out to the gym for our weekly babysitting shift. Nothing too crazy happened just the usual kiddos running around like mad.

I packed a string cheese and almonds to eat as a snack after my babysitting shift. 

 

DSC00314

 

For lunch I made a salad – shocking, I know.  This big guy contained lettuce, broccoli slaw, pumpkin, red pepper, hummus, cottage cheese and Rice Thins.

  

DSC00317 DSC00316

 

Of course I had the usual sweet treat at the end. 

 

DSC00320

I just cleaned the top of my stove which has gas burners.  Well I must have gotten some water and/or cleaner inside one of the burners because it just started ticking which kind of freaked me out. It stopped after about a minute – thank goodness, that sound was rather annoying. 

I hope you have a great afternoon.  See you later. 

5 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Mmm, love the breakfast "switch up."

Glad that the stove didn't blow up or anything - eek!!

Love the new blog layout, by the way!!

Rose said...

I love that string cheese!

pineapplegurl said...

oats look sooo yummy! I want to try them :)

K from ksgoodeats said...

I like the new layout! Looks great!!

String cheese is so fun to eat :)

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) said...

Sammie - love the new blog look! Good to know I don't have to soak the oats overnight. Only 20 minutes, huh?

Love your salad mess as well. :)