Saturday, April 4, 2009

Turkey Lurkey

Another Saturday has quickly whizzed by – were does the time go?  We had a little family treat tonight (more on that in a sec).  I fed my guys some dinner and had myself a big salad filled with all kinds of veggie goodness.  In the mix – lettuce, zucchini, red pepper, water chestnuts, mushrooms, black beans, salsa and cottage cheese.  I needed something crunchy to go with it so I had some Nut Thins too. 

DSC00169 

My family unit headed out for a little tasty treat and on the way we spotted Mr. Turkey Lurkey strolling down the street.  I felt bad – we scared him. 

 

DSC00172

We decided to try out a new frozen yogurt place – Truly Yogurt.  They also sell regular ice cream which they get from Richardson’s.  We know that the ice cream that they make is outstanding but I was really in the mood for soft serve.

My sweet tart opted for the Cake Batter which he had the last time we went to Richardson’s. 

 

DSC00175

I got the special flavor of the day – Raspberry Cheesecake.  Now I totally took a chance with this guy because I am unsure of the hormone situation at this place.  It was pure indulgence and I am keeping my fingers crossed that my skin doesn’t look evil in the AM.  This soft serve frozen yogurt was super thick, creamy and a much more decadent than any other soft serve I have ever had.  I was impressed with the portion size too - this was a small.  I saw a woman get a medium on a cone and it was about half the size of her forearm – not kidding. Her husband was like “WOW that is a lot of ice cream”. 

 

DSC00174

We stayed out a bit late for the “wee one” but now he is tucked into bed and off to dreamland. 

I will be heading there soon. I am planning a nice early morning run tomorrow. I hope you had a great day.  See you tomorrow. 

By the way, if you are in the mood for some unique goodies, Mariposa is having a giveaway of some of her favorite gluten free goodies.  Even if you don’t want the goodies you should check out her blog.  She is a total riot and a cool mama as well. 

3 comments:

Erica said...

oh my gosh! I use to go to Richardson's every summer when we went mini golfing! The ice cream from that place was so good! Now I, like you, prefer the froyo! Hope it does well with your tummy! Great dinner salad!

ksgoodeats said...

Yummmm Raspberry Cheesecake! Hope it sits alright with you :) I am very intrigued by all of your cottage cheese combinations! They sound fabulous!

Have a great Sunday!!

Bridget said...

I LOVE Richardson's!!! Purple Cow is my fav, but I always get soft serve cravings and that definitely made me want some! Looks delicious!