Sunday, April 19, 2009

This is for Mimi

If you are not in the mood for a boat load of photos then I suggests you just stop right here. Since my Mom – AKA Mimi – was not able to be present at the party yesterday, I am going to post a TON of pictures for here to enjoy. If you are newbies to my blog, my Mom lives about 7 hours away in ME. This blog allows her to see her grandbabies from time to time. Mimi this is for you.


The Birthday boy and his partner in crime. The kids got to make masks as a little project before heading outside for some fun with Mother Nature.





D said his mask was a Mouse. Sissy – that is what Rocco and D call her – made a very pretty Tiger mask. She is quite the artist – like her Auntie :)




D has a crush on this cutie pie (she is in his Karate class). He told me he loves her, he likes her hair and her pink belt.




Rocco made a Fox mask with very little dail I guess.




The party was held at a Wild Life Sanctuary. A guide took us all outside into the woods.




The kids collected pine cones.





And then played hide and seek.





There were plenty of hiding places. Then it was back to the field for some more activity.





What did they find? Oh, a big load of POOP!!! Thankfully no one stepped in it or touched it with their hands, yuck. I never thought that poo would be so fascinating.







They all ran around and had a lot of fun. It was a beautiful day.








Time for cake. My sis made the cutest Yoda cake (without a cake mold I might add) and her hubs did the detail work – they are a family with talent.







Check out the streamers – we let the kids decorate the room. They would not allow tape on any painted surfaces so we had to get creative.




Rocco got some really nice gifts. I think the party was a hit.





Mommy I hope you liked that. I tried to capture a little bit of everything.




Ok now onto the eats.




I had this bar as an AM snack. It was very crunchy. The color scared me a bit but it ended up tasting really good. The banana flavor was very strong, I could not taste coconut (too bad because I love it) and it had a very faint minty flavor.




DSC00659






Speedy lunch so that I could get to the party early and help set-up.

My honey ended up getting sick so I went to the party with D by myself.



My afternoon snacks were – a Larabar and 2 rice cakes with a piece of provolone cheese.

I went to the Mall last night with my sis and Mackenzie so I made a quick dinner – creamy Quinoa flakes, a banana and raw almond butter. I also had cottage cheese, pumpkin and cinnamon.
I had a Nature’s Promise Trail Mix Bar for dessert.

DSC00702 DSC00703


I was searching for a dress last night. I have 3 weddings this summer and I really would like a nice dress. I found one that actually fit but it was $128 – yikes! It was at Anthropologie – my favorite store. I did not buy it – I never buy the first thing I see. Thankfully I still have some time until the weddings so if I don’t find something else I can always splurge on that one.

That was another long one. I hope you enjoyed it.

2 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Never apologize for featuring lots of photos - they're fabulous and fun!! :-)


Speaking of fun, looks like that's what your weekend has been like - excellent!!


Hope you can find the perfect dress soon!!

K from ksgoodeats said...

What a great afternoon!! Loved seeing the pictures, no apologies needed :)