Thursday, April 2, 2009

Stretching

Happy Thursday!!  We are starting off with a gloomy day here and I don’t think that the sun is supposed to make an appearance – BOOOO!!!  The weekend is looking good though. 

I was out the door at my usual super early time. At the gym I did 30 minutes on the Stair Master, 30 minutes on the Elliptical and weights.  Then I went into the aerobic room (it was empty) and did some yoga for stretching.  After doing the Yoga For Runners on Yoga Download numerous times I can pretty much make up my own little stretching routine.  Can I just tell you – I LOVE PIGEON it is such a great stretch. My body felt so rejuvenated when I was all done. 

I made my massive bowl of oatmeal for breakfast – this never does me wrong.  I cooked 3/4 cup oats with water then topped it with a Strawberry YoKids yogurt. 

 

DSC00036 DSC00038

 

I also had a sliced apple on the side. I bought some organic golden delicious apples at Whole Foods and they taste a million times better then the conventional ones I had been buying at Stop & Shop. I was reading that apples are one of the fruits that you SHOULD always buy organic varieties of to avoid pesticides. Here is a list of fruits and veggies – I found it very interesting. I think this is a change that must be made permanent in my house. I feel like I waste my money when I bite into a blah tasting apple. That never happens when I buy organic ones at Whole Foods.  Do you buy organic fruits and if you do what fruits are they? 

 

DSC00034

D and I are going to story hour in a little while. Lets hope that the theme of the day is more gender friendly.  I am getting my hair cut today too.  I’m looking forward to a little pampering.  I hope you all have a great day. 

See you this afternoon.  What do you think of the new camera? It takes amazing pictures. I can’t wait to take some of my sweet tart outside this spring/summer. 

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

I buy organic whenever available, with special focus on the "dirty dozen":

http://www.organic.org/articles/showarticle/article-214


Great new camera shots!!

HeatherBakes said...

The only thing that I ALWAYS buy organic is milk, though I try to stick with mainly organic fruits.

Have fun getting your haircut! And the new camera looks great!

Rose said...

To be honest, I don't buy organic. I have heard just as many bad things about organic fruits/veg as non-organic.

Sometimes I feel like we can never win :(