Saturday, April 11, 2009

Stepping in Up a Level

Good morning and Happy Saturday.  We have plans to meet up with my in-laws this morning so D is playing hooky from karate today. They wanted to get everyone together and celebrate Easter so that tomorrow we don’t have to do so much running around.  We are meeting at a place that serves brunch which I know is not a gluten friendly establishment at all.  I will be taking along a snack for myself (AM snack time is around that time anyway), plus I already ate my delicious bowl of oatmeal.  After my workout, there was no way that I could wait to eat breakfast and I am really not a brunch person.  I like to eat my AM meal and then have a little snack to hold me over until lunch.  I am such a creature of habit and I like my schedule.  Plus it works for my belly and I don’t end up ravenous at my next meal. 

Onto the workout of choice today.  I stepped it up a level and did Workout 3 of the 30 Day Shred. Holy moly!!!  It was TOUGH!!!!  But I loved every minute of it.  I really do enjoy a challenge especially when it comes to weight training.  My muscles were burning and my arms were shaking.  Jillian is really hard core – she has won me over.  I also did a 20 minute Turbo Jam workout and 20 minutes on my Water Rower.  It was a great mixer all in the comfort of my living room. 

My breakfast this morning was a bowl of moist creamy cool oats. 

DSC00424 DSC00429

 

I soaked 3/4 cup oats in 1/2 a cup of Vanilla Almond milk for a couple hours.I added Greek yogurt to the bowl flavored with lots of cinnamon.

 

DSC00427 DSC00428

 

My topping of choice – a soft sweet banana

 

DSC00425 DSC00426 

You really can’t go wrong with this amazing combo.  My tummy is happy and my tastebuds are not complaining either. 

Time to hit the road.  See you later friends. 

By the way, if you are looking for some cool foodie threads, head on over to see Zesty.  He is giving away some cool stuff and all the proceeds are going to a good cause – what a sweet guy!  

4 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

FABULOUS combination for breakfast, for sure.

Have fun with the in-laws today!!

K from ksgoodeats said...

LOVE the cinnamon :) Have fun today!!

Fitnessista said...

hey sammie!
sorry i'm just now getting back to you! i got the veggie wash at whole foods but i've seen it at other grocery stores in the produce section. there is a HUGE difference when i was the veggies with it-- it gets all the wax and ick off.
have a great day!

Erica said...

Hey girl :) How are you? Sounds like you had such a great workout- I love how you mixed it all up! I love my eating schedule too- drives me nuts to get off it ;)