Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sprouted Adzuki Beans

The story hour today was great.  The 3 stories that were read turned out to be a hit with all the kiddies.  Even my little monkey was laughing and getting into the books. 

Before we left I had a yummy bar for a snack.  The only ingredients in this thing are peanuts, honey and cranberries. It is one of my favorites. 

 

DSC00609

This week I have been sprouting some Adzuki Beans.  Today they looked ready to eat. 

 

DSC00611

I made a salad that contained shredded cabbage, red pepper, zucchini, some of the sprouted beans and raw cashews.  I made a dressing with nutritional yeast, ground flax seeds, cumin, coriander and turmeric.  I love the sprouted beans – they have a bit of a crunch and they pop when you bite into them. AND 1/4 cup has 10 grams of protein – woo hoo!!! I also had some Rice Crisps and a Cocoa Loco bar. 

 

DSC00616 DSC00618

When we got home from the book store D ate lunch and then had himself a melt down. I sent him to his room and he took a little snooze.  He just woke up – let’s hope he is in a better mood. 

I hope your day is going well.  See you later. 

2 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Lovely sprouted salad!!

Enjoy the rest of your afternoon!!

K from ksgoodeats said...

Awww poor D! Hope his afternoon was better!!

That bar sounds fantastic - only three ingredients!