Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Soothing Ride

We have had a very pleasant day and had lots of fun.  Here is a rundown of the days happenings. 

We went to the gym and D was cool with staying in the babysitting room without Mommy. I had a nice workout (for indoors that is). I did 30 minutes on the Step Mill, 30 minutes on the Arc Trainer and then weights.

On the ride home I ate a Larabar that I had packed knowing that I would be famished when I was finished exercising. 

 

DSC00986

When I got home I did about 15 minutes of stretching and foam rolling. I can really feel a difference since I started all this muscle TLC.  Then it was definitely shower time. 

For lunch I made a yummy salad.  In the mix – lettuce, shredded coleslaw mix, pumpkin, hummus, salsa, cottage cheese and 1/4 cup cooked & cooled brown rice.  I also had 2 Corn Thins.

 

DSC00988

 

I ended lunch with an apple and peanut butter. The next best combo to a banana and PB. 

 

DSC00990

After lunch D and I had to run to the post office (the PB is in the mail DrMom) and then CVS.  I told him that since it was so nice out we could go to the park before we went home.  Well I think the ride was a little too soothing for him because he ended up falling asleep on the way there. 

I took the opportunity to take some pictures of my sweet little cherub.  Oh my goodness this boy is my HEART!! I seriously never knew that I could love someone this much. 

sleep1 sleep2

sleep3 sleep4

I finally woke him up – you all know that a long nap leads to trouble at bedtime. 

We had a blast at the park.  We played catch with his baseball and glove – I keep it in the truck at all times just in case he gets the urge to toss a ball around.  Then he wanted to play on all the playground toys.  He was feeling daring today and climbed up a few things that he is usually too afraid to attempt.  He has never been a climber so this was a big deal.  I made a big deal every time he made it to the top and he felt so proud.  He also tried to go across the monkey bars a couple times (with my help). He is usually to chicken to try that too.  I was really trying to build up his confidence today so that he is willing to try new things at the park.  He did a great job today – he really is growing up too fast.

Once we got home I needed a little snack. I had 2 rice cakes with a piece of melted Swiss cheese.

 

DSC00998

Tonight’s dinner turned into another assembling process. I made chicken for Charlie so I decided to have some. I really do have to force myself to eat meat – it just is not on my list of things that I like to eat. The veggie section of dinner was a sweet potato, zucchini, red pepper and hummus. I took all the goods in the bowl, some chicken and a gluten free tortilla and made a wrap.  I actually cut the tortilla into 2 pieces so I was able to make 2 smaller wraps. 

 

DSC01000

About an hour later I had a hankering for something sweet.  I made a dried fruit and nut plate to satisfy my sweet tooth.  It did the trick.

 

DSC01003

I checked the weather and it looks like it is supposed to be raining in the AM.  I really wanted to run outside tomorrow.  Oh well at least I got outside a few times this week. 

I hope you had a glorious day. Enjoy your night.

2 comments:

Mariposa said...

they really do look amazingly adorable when they are sleeping dont they??? he looks so sweet!!!

have a good night Sam!

carolinebee said...

OMy goodness sammie, every day with that child must be a joy!!! SO adorable :D