Friday, April 3, 2009

Soggy Run

Happy Friday – are you excited for the weekend? 

I decided to run outside this morning as they are predicting rain for tomorrow AM.  I ventured out for a grand 8.15 mile soggy run.  Even though it was not raining it was awfully clammy out there today.  I was running through mist the entire time and my skin just felt so damp.  Before I left I ate 1/2 an Enjoy Life Sunbutter Crunch bar and did about 10 minutes of Yoga to stretch.  When I got back home I did some more stretching – about 15 minutes worth. I really think that stretching is key for my body these days. I hate to say it – it must be an aging thing.  Maybe as my body gets older it is harder to just bounce back after a strenuous run so the stretching really helps.  I must remember to always stretch from now on – my body feels great after I do and not the least bit tight.

I made a big bowl of oatmeal deliciousness for breakfast. The ever so filling 3/4 cup oats cooked with water. Then I added pumpkin, a banana, Greek yogurt and LOTS of cinnamon. 

 

DSC00087

The big hunks of banana add just the right amount of sweetness.

 

DSC00090

I am off to clean my sister-in-law’s house.  Then – you all know the routine by now – Trader Joe’s here we come.  I can’t wait to get a bag of those Rice Crisps – some of those yummies will be consumed for lunch today for sure. 

I hope you have a fabulous day. 

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Soggy here too :-(

Good luck and have fun at your SIL's!!

ksgoodeats said...

Boo to April showers :( My weekend isn't going to be too exciting but I'm glad I'll have the time to unwind!

Happy Friday :)

Laura said...

oats look yummy! have fun at trader joes! i stopped theri yesterday :)