Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Repeat Offender

The day has finally come to an end and I am ready for my comfy bed. I am already in my warm and snuggly PJ’s and bathrobe – I am sporting the Mommy look for sure.  We got a little more rain this afternoon but I think the rest of the week and the weekend is supposed to be beautiful – warmer days are ahead. 

I had to have 2 afternoon snacks today – I was a hungry girl.  The 1st one was an apple and greek yogurt with cinnamon.

 

DSC00778 DSC00779

 

The second snack was my all time favorite Larabar.

 

DSC00780

 

I admit that I am such a repeater when it comes to meals these days. I love my veggies and the concoctions I come up with are always full of flavor and texture – 2 things that keep me going back for more.  I made another salad for dinner. This one contained lettuce, zucchini, pumpkin, hummus and 4 hard boiled egg whites.  I also had 2 rice cakes with a piece of melted provolone cheese. 

 

DSC00784 DSC00782 DSC00783

For dessert I branched out a little. This is a sorry excuse of a “mess”. To all my oldie but goodie readers – you do remember my signature dish?  I used to come up with the best mixes and the term “mess” was invented.  Well now that I can no longer enjoy all the crunchy goodies of the past, I don’t really make messes anymore.  This little number I had tonight was good but not great.  The good old days were so much tastier but then again I always had a tummy ache so really not that great after all.  I topped some Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice cereal with vanilla yogurt and added a little dab of the ALL Mighty Maple PB. 

 

DSC00786                                                                                                      

I am going to go to some stretches before bed which I find rather relaxing.  I hope you have a great night.  See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

K from ksgoodeats said...

Aw welcome back messes!! I have missed your signature dish ;)

VeggieGirl said...

Enjoy your R&R night!!

Erica said...

I am a total repeat offender with food too :) Once I find something I love, I can't stop eating it! I just picked up some pumpkin this past weekend- I forgot how good it is mixed in with yogurt. Mmmm